The Beginning

FULL STORY SUMMARY

Rated M for mature. Reader discretion advised.

Following her mother's passing, the young Himari Maeda and her father become involved with the ruthless Kato family. Himari endures ongoing mistreatment from the family, but everything takes a turn when she unknowingly falls for Muzan Kibutsuji, The Progenitor of Demons.

AUTHOR'S NOTES

Hello! This is my first ever FanFiction and first piece of work I'm sharing with the world. I hope you all enjoy!

🦋 THANKS FOR READING 🦋

CHAPTER VOCABULARY

* ichiju sansai: one soup three dishes meal.

MEDIA DICTIONARY

* Thoughts

* "Dialogue."

* 'Telepathic dialogue.'

* "Past conversation."

* {Sound}

* [Movement]

HIMARI

"Hurry up with that sponge, girl! Don't forget to repackage the leftovers, too!"

Himari knelt on the floor, scrubbing vigorously. The aged hardwood floor was riddled with splinters that grazed her skin, leaving behind blisters and scars. The cloudy grey water splashed onto her wounds, making the ordeal even more unpleasant.

"By the way, your father, I, and the girls are heading to a soirée. This should give you more than enough time to complete cleaning the entire manor."

Himari, engrossed in her work, continued to scrub the hardwood floor fervently, not even bothering to look up at the imposing figure of the large woman who stood in front of her.

"Ahem."

Himari abruptly ceased her cleaning spree and looked up at the noblewoman. "... Y-yes, Madam Soaku?"

"Did you hear what I just said, you incompetent oaf? I said, we're going to a soirée!"

"Yes, Madam Soaku," Himari replied. "Forgive me."

"Good. You better have. Well, get to it!"

The noblewoman who became Himari's stepmother was Soaku Kato. Approximately eight years ago, Himari's mother passed away unexpectedly, which was a deeply traumatic experience for both her and her father, Hakujaku Maeda. Not even a year after her mother's death, her father decided to marry into a wealthy and prestigious family with numerous connections to influential figures- the Kato family.

A few weeks ago, Himari and her father moved to reside in one of the Kato family estates, an elegant family residence in an affluent neighborhood. The relocation happened swiftly; Soaku urged them to live with them right away to become better acquainted. Several weeks after the move, Soaku and Hakujaku started organizing the wedding. The wedding was a highly anticipated gathering that filled Himari with dread. The young girl wanted nothing to do with the Kato family. She despised how they amassed their wealth through exploiting the poor, shady dealings, and political machinations.

Himari disliked Soaku and her two daughters, Sara and Yui. Having grown up as an only child, Himari had longed for a sibling, especially a sister. When she learned about her soon-to-be stepsisters, she anticipated a warm relationship. However, upon meeting them, she experienced exclusion and neglect. They subjected her to torment and bullying each day. Himari implored her father to reconsider and go back to their hometown, but Hakujaku remained resolute. Knowing her father's unyielding nature, Himari's pleas were disregarded and ignored. Upon their arrival, Soaku immediately assigned Himari the task of meticulously cleaning every corner of the property. Meanwhile, her daughters took pleasure in tormenting Himari and intentionally creating more messes.