A Change of Heart

FULL STORY SUMMARY

Rated M for mature. Reader discretion advised.

Following her mother's passing, the young Himari Maeda and her father become involved with the ruthless Kato family. Himari endures ongoing mistreatment from the family, but everything takes a turn when she unknowingly falls for Muzan Kibutsuji, The Progenitor of Demons.

AUTHOR'S NOTES

🌸 THANKS FOR READING 🌸

MEDIA DICTIONARY

* Thoughts

* "Dialogue."

* 'Telepathic dialogue.'

* 'Spirit dialogue.'

* "Past conversation."

* {Sound}

* [Movement]

HIMARI

The chauffeur arrived at the Kato estate and stepped out of the luxurious car to courteously open Himari's door.

"I appreciate you for everything," Himari said to him, expressing her gratitude.

The chauffeur nodded and attentively watched as she made her way towards the manor's doorstep.

As Himari stood at the door, hesitating to knock, her mind was consumed with thoughts of her family's response to her absence. It was her first time leaving without permission for such a prolonged period, and she was unsure of what to anticipate.

Well, here goes nothing...

Taking a deep breath, Himari timidly knocked.

Silence.

Himari glanced behind her to find the chauffeur still present, ensuring her safe entry into her residence. Embarrassed, she knocked once more, this time with increased assurance. "Hello, is there anyone home?" she called out.

Suddenly, Yui, with swollen eyes, opened the door, tears flowing down her flushed face.

Oh, great, it's her. Wait, why is she crying?

"Yui, is my father here?" Himari asked.

"It's all your fault!" Yui shrieked.

Perplexed, Himari asked, "What are you talking about? Did something happen?"

Sighing angrily, Yui yelled, "My mother's in the hospital because of you!" She stormed away dramatically, leaving the front door wide open.

... Soaku is in the hospital?

Yui sobbed loudly, burying her face in her hands, oblivious to Himari's concerned gaze.

Despite their strained relationship, Himari, being the compassionate person she was, approached Yui and enveloped her in a hesitant embrace. Yui, reluctantly at first, succumbed to her embrace and began to weep.

"Yui, please tell me what happened."

"A b-bookcase fell on her," Yui stammered. "I— I didn't see anything happen but— Dear God, she might die!"

Himari was shocked and saddened upon receiving the distressing news. Even though she disliked Soaku, she would never harbor ill intent towards the noblewoman. Himari's pure heart and compassionate nature prevented her from being so callous and indifferent. "Your mother will mot die, Yui, she simply can't. She's a formidable heiress who is so accustomed to getting her way, death is no match for her! You, more than anyone, understand the strength and resilience of your mother. A mere accident won't be the end of her. I—" Himari paused and turned away, "I promise you that she'll be okay."