Falling Down

FULL STORY SUMMARY

Rated M for mature. Reader discretion advised.

Following her mother's passing, the young Himari Maeda and her father become involved with the ruthless Kato family. Himari endures ongoing mistreatment from the family, but everything takes a turn when she unknowingly falls for Muzan Kibutsuji, The Progenitor of Demons.

AUTHOR'S NOTES

Woah, thanks for all the comments! as a thank you, i decided to post a short chapter i'm sure you all would enjoy ;)

🍦THANKS FOR READING🍦

MEDIA DICTIONARY

* Thoughts

* "Dialogue."

* 'Telepathic dialogue.'

* "Past conversation."

* {Sound}

* [Movement]

HIMARI

As Himari awakened, the gentle morning sun illuminated her face. It was the first time in a long while that she hadn't woken up in pain.

Himari eagerly sat up and looked at her surroundings, instantly recalling her location.

... I am at Tsukihiko's house!

The delightful aroma of breakfast filled the air, tempting her senses as her stomach let out a loud growl.

What's that? It smells delicious. I'm starving...

The young woman yawned as she stretched, then got up to tidy the bed out of courtesy. As she made her way downstairs to the kitchen, she heard someone chopping food.

Tsukihiko is cooking for us? Wow, he's so kind!

To Himari's surprise, a woman she didn't recognize was in the kitchen, chopping vegetables. The woman, dressed in maid attire, looked up and smiled at her.

He has a maid?

"Hello, Lady Himari!" the maid exclaimed, beaming. "Good morning! Your breakfast will be prepared shortly. Master Tsukihiko also wanted me to let you know that his daughter will be at boarding school for the remainder of the year." The maid continued to chop the vegetables and attend to the omelette and seared fish simmering in pans.

Practically starving, Himari stood as she inhaled the aromatic scents.

Suddenly, another maid came up to her and performed a honorable bow. "Lady Himari, I have selected one of the most exquisite kimonos available in Tokyo for you!" she announced, unveiling a white silk kimono adorned with pink floral embroidery.

The kimono looked too expensive for Himari to even touch, but the maid insisted.

"I will guide you to the bathhouse. Your chauffeur is waiting for your presence!"

... My chauffeur?

Himari was so stunned that she couldn't even protest as she followed the maid into the bathhouse, where a bath had already been prepared for her.

"Lady Himari, all these products are available for your use. Additionally, please leave your current clothing behind; we will attend to them!" The maid hung the kimono on a rack, placed a pair of new socks and sandals beside it, bowed, and then departed.