Premonition

FULL STORY SUMMARY

Rated M for mature. Reader discretion advised.

Following her mother's passing, the young Himari Maeda and her father become involved with the ruthless Kato family. Himari endures ongoing mistreatment from the family, but everything takes a turn when she unknowingly falls for Muzan Kibutsuji, The Progenitor of Demons.

AUTHOR'S NOTES

🤍 Comments and helpful criticism are super appreciated!

✨ THANKS FOR READING ✨

MEDIA DICTIONARY

* Thoughts

* "Dialogue."

* 'Telepathic dialogue.'

* "Past conversation."

* {Sound}

* [Movement]

HIMARI

Himari was devastated by the loss of one of her mother's hair sticks, leaving her too upset to eat. She had already prepared the table for the family's return, and the house was immaculate, leaving no room for them to criticize or berate her. The distraught girl retreated to her room in the basement and laid down in the dim light, staring at the ceiling. Her eyes were swollen and red from weeping, as losing the silver hair stick had left her inconsolable.

Oh, I've looked everywhere for the missing hair stick! That was the last thing I had of my mother! Okasan, I'm so sorry...

◇◇◇

Coming in and out of a restless sleep, Himari lost all sense of time.

Suddenly, she heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

Oh, what now? I hope that's not Soaku!

In the doorway, a towering figure appeared, causing Himari to realize who it was.

My father...

"Himari? Are you awake?" Hakujaku said, straining his eyes to see.

The sound of his voice was unfamiliar to Himari, as if she had never heard him speak before. His voice bore a resemblance to that of a tired, elderly man. It seemed impossible that it could be her father, but it was.

"I don't know if you're awake but... I'm really sorry. It hurts when you don't talk to me. You don't even look at me anymore!"

Himari pretended to be asleep, tightly closing her eyes and breathing rhythmically to appear as convincing as she could. She was not ready to talk to her father at all.

"Ah, this is useless! What am I doing?" Hakujaku muttered to himself before leaving the basement.

Now alone, Himari opened her eyes and turned to look at the doorway where her father once stood, feeling nothing at all.

◇◇◇

Before the bell chimed, Himari had already begun cooking and tidying up in the kitchen. The previous night had been restless, filled with tossing and turning, so her back was sore. Such nights only occurred when something terrible was about to happen, serving as an omen. The last time she experienced a night like that, her mother died.