The Perfect Father

FULL STORY SUMMARY

Rated M for mature. Reader discretion advised.

Following her mother's passing, the young Himari Maeda and her father become involved with the ruthless Kato family. Himari endures ongoing mistreatment from the family, but everything takes a turn when she unknowingly falls for Muzan Kibutsuji, The Progenitor of Demons.

AUTHOR'S NOTES

This chapter is super lewd, I hope you enjoy!

🌹THANKS FOR READING🌹

CHAPTER VOCABULARY

* jinbei: traditional Japanese nightwear

MEDIA DICTIONARY

* Thoughts

* "Dialogue."

* 'Telepathic dialogue.'

* "Past conversation."

* {Sound}

* [Movement]

HIMARI

Himari hurried through the door with the groceries in hand. It was getting late, and she was uncertain when Soaku and the others would arrive. Hoping she had enough time to prepare dinner, she headed to the guest bathroom to freshen up. Looking at herself in the mirror, she noticed how soiled she had become.

God, I look terrible! I can't believe I spoke to that man while I looked like this.

As Himari unraveled her bun, she reached for her twin hair sticks. After removing one from her bun, she searched for the other one but couldn't find it in her hair.

W-where's the other hairpin?

Himari couldn't hold back her tears as she felt a soft sob escape her lips and her eyes welling up. The hair sticks held a special place in her heart as they had once belonged to her mother. After her mother's passing, everything had changed. Her father had become distant and cold, and he had forced her to leave behind nearly all of her possessions in the move. The only keepsakes Himari had left of her mother were the two hairpins.

With great sorrow, Himari went to prepare dinner.

MUZAN

"Greetings, Master Kobayashi-Watanabe!" four servants exclaimed in unison, bowing.

Nodding, Muzan said, "That will be all."

The Watanabe family resided in an opulent mansion with numerous servants at their disposal. Rei was initially reluctant to have such a large staff, but Muzan insisted, as it reminded him of his life in the Heian period.

Rei's daughter noisily chewed on the yellow taffy she so dearly wanted, aggravating Muzan even more.

"Daddy, I'm sleepy!" she cried. The small girl smacked her lips as she attempted to blow a bubble. Instead, goopy strings of the sugary delight smeared on her cheeks.

Muzan grimaced at the sight of her.

What a disgusting pest. I cannot wait to do away with it.

As they strolled through the luxurious estate, The Demon Lord contemplated the encounter with the young woman he had met at the marketplace. He deliberated on the best approach to reconnect with her and make a formal introduction.