Chapter 1

Varali street,
Madhukant.

Early chatterings of birds and insects, resonated in the morning sunshine. In a well pruned neighborbood, in the midst of houses after houses, stood the Sahni family's home.

Early morning for the Sahni family members, means the daily shouts and routines. But this family was somewhat special. Ah, I'm not talking about their early morning routine. Because sibling disagreements are found in every household. Rather, I'm talking about their family situation.

18 years ago, the head of the Sahni household, Mr. and Mrs. Sahni, had passed away in a series of unfortunate incidents. Leaving behind 4 sons and a newborn daughter. Fortunately, their elder son, who was 15 at that time, had somehow picked up the pieces his parents left behind and took care of his siblings. He was the pillar who kept this family standing. Their head of household.

Well, but absent for the current moment.

If he was present, there wouldn't be such a fuss on breakfast happening so early in the morning. In the dining table, the 4th son, Shaurya was quibbling over a bread with his sister, Saachi. There was just unfortunately one piece of fresh bread, which was, in common sense, for Saachi. Because she only ate fresh bread as breakfast. Not until, the smart Shaurya had made a toast out of it to gulp it down first. In his words, first come, first served. But Saachi being Saachi, didn't shy away from reprimanding him. Unless spoken to them in clear words, half-nuts like her brother Shaurya would never understand the significance of one last piece of bread. Which was actually her breakfast. Focus on the word 'HER'.

Sitting on the nearby sofa, the 2nd son, Shreyas, was multi-tasking as he tied his shoelaces and conversed with his colleague on a present work matter at the same time. Oh, forgot to include, he was also keeping an eye on his siblings at the same time.

Seeing that a fuse might go off between his siblings in just 3 seconds, he quickly put his colleague on hold and opened his mouth.

"Shaurya. Saachi."

Hearing the stern tone of their elder brother, the siblings paused their actions. Before they could each put their own perspective to their bro, Shreyas beat them to it.

"Stop this instant. And start eating."

It would have been fine if the lecture was just this 2 sentence. But no, as a temporary head, he had to crush them completely.

"Shaurya. Don't you know the piece of fresh bread was for Saachi? Now that you had eaten it, what is she supposed to eat now? The table?? Be considerate of your sister."

Shaurya was reprimanded. Before Saachi could have a good laugh, Shreyas's hard eyes turned to her.

"And Saachi. Your college starts early. Are you planning on missing your lecture? Now is not the time. There is nothing to eat right now. At least, eat a fruit for now."

Sparing them a last glance, with warning in his eyes, Shreyas quickly left upstairs, the sound of him conversing on his phone drifting away with him.

Saachi begrudgingly ate an apple, praying that her stomach won't hurt. She didn't forget to glare at her fourth brother again. This was his fault per se. Even though he was glared at, Shaurya didn't mind. But in his mind, he did feel a slight of regret for his actions.

Saachi had a sensitive stomach. Yet he still ate her share of breakfast. He sighed.

Jabbing her a little, he spoke lightly.

"Hey....Hey-hey."
"What?" Sacchi snapped at Shaurya in return. But did mah boy care? Nah.
"Want to have a bite of my toast?? I mean, just dip it in tea. It'll turn soft." Listening to his advice, his sweet sister decided to give him a disgusted eye and turned away.

Her meaning was clear. A fresh bread and a toast will always be different. Always. Tricks like this don't work.

But ateast, the mood wasn't as bad anymore.

'As long as he understood his mistake.'

Within some minutes, the siblings had completed their morning routine and were rushing out of their home. Before Saachi could cross the threshold, her head was quickly grabbed by a pair of hands. Looking up, she met her second brother's eyes.

"Don't forget to eat something in an hour, okay?? Don't just wait for recess. Isn't there a vending machine in school??"

Saachi quickly bobbed her head. And then giving her brother a cute smile, she beamed at him with a 'bye' and went on her way.

After walking for some minutes, she quickly caught up with her friends and from there, they went along to college.

Shreyas would have dropped his sister off. But his office was actually on the opposite way. Getting on his bike, he strapped his helmet on and rode away.

Parking his bike in the company basement, he stepped into the shiny building. Greeting colleagues along the way, he quickly stepped into the elevator to reach his floor.

Shreyas Sahni. Age: 27. The second child of the Sahni family. A calm demeanor with a handsome sleek physique (Thanks to gym). Although he always had a serious face on, but the smile that graced his lips once in a while, really exposed the charisma hidden within.

Even you ignore his natural properties, you can't ignore his man-made ones. At a young age, he had already proved his worth, and was continuing to improve with time. As the current team leader of the Zen team, his talents and hardwork had managed him a lot of profit for the company.

Now let's come to our next target.

Saatvik Sahni. Age : 25. The third child of the Sahni family. Quiet and introverted, works as an editor in a  novel publishing house. Unlike his siblings who loved to fight for their rights, he had a peaceful countenance. Instead of muscles, what made him charming, unknown to him, was his rare smiles and constant introverted personality.

Currently, he was sleeping inside the recreation room of his workplace, due to pulling an all nighter yesterday.

Now comes the troublemaker.

Shaurya Sahni, the fourth child of the Sahni couple. Age?? 24. His remarkable qualities include a bad boy persona, very suitable to his facial structure and of course, exceptionally suitable for his job as a mechanic.
Unlike his 2nd brother, Shaurya had a fierce personality. And a mentality of speaking trash without a second thought. Which had obviously pitted him into numerous troubles in life. One time, he was even poached by a politician to be their sidekick. Thanks heavens their elder brother was in the country back then. Otherwise, you can't trust Shaurya to that extent.

Well, no matter how foolish he looked in his elder brother's eyes, one couldn't deny the fact that Shaurya was a heartthrob. From their lane to the whole community, girls would die to be in the arms of this hot bad boy.

Now, the current no. 1 hotty was actually sweating as he fixed a car from its underside. Shaurya was only wearing his inner shirt, as his manly arm muscles bulged with the pressure he kept applying to loosen a screw. Girl by girl passed by the street. Each craning their neck, taking their sweet time and blushing as they watched their favorite hunk.

Believe it or not, the reason this street has become popular is all due to Shaurya's popularity. Even the ice cream parlor in the lane was profitting mainly from the Shaurya fangirls.

________________

Hello dear readers.

Both new and old.

This is another story I'm trying to write. Give it a chance if it interests you. It's filled with romance and crazy family antics.

And, a tip for those who have difficulties in remembering the indian names.

Just know that the Sahni siblings alternate with 'S' and 'Sh'.

Meaning if one sibling's name start with 'Sh', the next or previous would have been with 'S'.

Try to keep in mind.

Other than that.
Enjoy.