Chapter 6

When Payal heard that Amara Aunty had come to visit, she immediately went to greet her.

Although Arohi and Payal weren't close at all, because Arohi had spent a big chunk of her childhood away from the Rudranksh mansion, it wasn't like there was anything negative between them. They were just....distant.
But Amara was another matter. Although in relationship, she could be considered her stepmother of some sort, Amara had never treated her badly. The lady had gifted Payal a lot of times during celebrations or at times when the mother-daughter pair went shopping and Payal was present at the house.

Amara had always treated her appropriately. One could say, Payal had good feelings towards this ex-stepmother of hers. But they were just some little feelings.

Anyway, after hearing Amara and Arohi's conversation from outside the door, Payal was shell shocked.
If what she heard was correct, and if her 2 sisters rejected the marriage, won't she be the scapegoat?

And if by God's mercy, she somehow escaped the marriage, could she escape from her brother's wrath. From childhood itself, Adhiraaj was nothing but a symbol of terror for Payal. His mere presence made her dainty self tremble in fear.

There was a big chance that she would be disowned, if not worse. Then, where would she go?? Unlike her elder sisters, Payal had no support from her maternal family.

She would have to leave this house, the place she considered home for her entire life. No wait, she did have some savings in her bank. But was is enough to live and get by? She didn't know.
Payal had grown up alone as a lady of an extravagant house, that's why, she had no idea how much it cost to live alone. According to the lifestyle she was used to, the cost was enormous.

Pitiful Payal didn't know, that whatever amount she had in her bank from her painting business was enough for her to live in lavishness for 5 years and in her normal way, for a lifetime.
But was there someone around to explain her this matter?
No.

Will she live on streets?? Or what about Shaurya?? Can she live with him till she found shelter? Wait, wasn't this totally out of line??

Wait, what if her brother was really adamant on the matter of marriage? I mean, she really turned into a doll in front of her brother. Then what should she do? Should she run away first?? But where??

Not being able to figure out anything, Payal quickly messaged Shaurya that they had to meet immediately. And so they did.

Inside a park, seated on the bench were Shaurya and Payal. After listening to the whole proposal matter from Payal, Shaurya was shocked to be honest.

But more than shock, what existed more in him was fear. The fear of loosing Payal. The people included in this matter, be it Payal's brother or that rich brat, was more powerful and influential than him. And if anything happens to Payal, he would definitely lose it.

"Let's get married." At Shaurya's sudden sentence, Payal froze and watched him in shock.

"Seriously, Payal. If worse comes to worse, we can just run away and get married." A shocked Payal just listened, as Shaurya continued on. He knew this was a dangerous decision. But if it really comes to the worst, this was the best choice.

"Do-don't worry about my family. I mean, I'm pretty sure that my elder brother would beat me up if I do a runaway marriage. But still, believe me, my brother is a man of principles. Even if it would be a marriage without family consent, he would never turn away the daughter-in-law of the house."

Payal got teary eyed, as she faced the man who was ready to take such a big step just for her sake. Seeing the tears in his Love's eyes, Shaurya rambled even more, trying to assure her that everything would be fine.