5

Excuse any mistakes:

Toni

As I was standing outside holding my conversation I couldn't help but notice Katherine being dropped off with her husband but what sparked my nosiness was principal Ward was in the vehicle as well.

"Quamaine, can you get me information on Ward, Michael Ward. He's the principal over at the school?"

"Sure thing, what's up?"

"I think he's in on it too."

"You got it, I'll check back in witcha later."

"Absolutely." I hung up walking in right behind Katherine.

"Hold the elevator please." She held it, I took off my hoodie as she then realized who I was.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

"So, how's ya day going?"

"It's going swell, just wish my babygirl was in better circumstances."

"You and me both."

"I umm.. I heard you stepped in and kinda saved her."

"I wouldn't say I saved her, I just stepped it. Janet's small and once they got her on the ground it was like an instinct."

"Well I thank you, I wouldn't know what I'd do without my babygirl."

"I'd do it anytime."

"Though umm, the charges? Are you filing any?"

"I haven't made up my mind yet. Though if I file, I know a counter suit is coming."

"Assault."

"Huh?"

"Oh I umm said who would be at fault? I mean it was self defense."

"Yea but Ward thinks I've used excessive force. I blacked out truthfully so I don't even remember for real, all I know is people pulled me off of them."

"It's a good thing they did, you almost killed them."

"Now I heard you that time? Ward showed you the camera footage."

"Yea, it's concerning my daughter so of course I need to know."

"Daughter or Daughters Mrs. Elizondo.." I looked at her before getting off the elevator going to Janet's room.

"Ahh Ms. Braxton, I was just waiting on someone to get here so I can give you an update."

"Lay it on me."

"Janet?"

"Mama, I thought I told you to go leave."

"Child please, I'm the parent."

"A lousy one." I said to myself as I sat beside Janet awaiting the doctors news.

Katherine sat across from me as if she was watching my body language, trying to read me.

"Well good news Janet here will be just fine after 2 weeks of bed rest and supervised care."

"That's good, Janet you're staying with me."

"Well if I can imply, with my latest suspension it'll be easier if I looked after her. I don't want to impose on any work you may have to do Mrs. Jackson, I mean you do have some other obligations that takes up majority of your time, right?"

"That's silly, she's my daughter. She'll be coming with me doc."

"Actually, Toni's right. You're too busy for me so I don't expect you to try to look after me. Plus staying with Toni maybe fun and give us time to run over some lesson plans and such. I'll be staying with you Toni, if you don't mind?"