Prologue: The Alternative Timeline

Ayanokoji Kiyotaka POV

Today was a particularly interesting day. Our Homeroom Teacher, Chabashira-Sensei had informed my class, Class D about a special announcement happening in the Auditorium. As we traverse towards the Auditorium, most of my class is divided into groups of friends chatting and goofing around, while a few loners (like myself) are walking by themselves. 

This announcement holds substantial weight as the second years and third years will also be there. This brings up a rather interesting question. What exactly is the special announcement? A new system added to ANHS? A Special exam that insists on all years to clash against each other? Or is it that Man influence coming into ANHS? The last one seems most unlikely since He would rather be secretive about expelling me than doing it upfront. I hope it can't be so bad, but there's this uncomfortable feeling about this announcement. 

"Say Ayanokoji, what's your opinion about this announcement?"

Looking to my right I see a person with long black hair with one braid tied with a white bow. Her gradient red eyes and slim but well-endowed body told me it was Horikita Suzune who was talking to me.

Usually, she would ignore my existence unless I could help her achieve her goal of getting into Class A, but now she's interested in my opinion about this?

"Well..I think this announcement will have to do with ANHS adding a new system to school"

"I share that sentiment, all 3 years coming to together in the Auditorium to hear an announcement from the school suggest unparalleled significance"

"I agree with you, knowing ANHS, this announcement might have an effect on class competition"

We as Class D students are at a massive disadvantage in class competition. Currently we have 87 points due to the Midterms exams. However, that wasn't enough. The difference between our class and Class A is 917 points. As of right now, it looks impossible for us to get into Class A, however people like Horikita, Kushida, and Hirata have hope we'll get into Class A despite 3 of them having differing reasons for it.

"Nevertheless, you will assist me in attaining Class A, Ayanokoji Kiyotaka" Horikita declares, expressing as an opinion but an indisputable fact 

She then walks away without me disapproving her claim

"Sigh, what an unpleasant women"

With her gone, I silently walk by myself with my hands in my pockets

Ayanokoji Kiyotaka POV

Arriving at the Auditorium, I notice how the second and third years are already seated in their seats and in their respective class (A - D) both years chatting around with their fellow peers.

We the first years were the last ones to arrive and our teachers, Chabashira-Sensei, a middle aged man of average height with grayish color hair, Sakagami-Sensei, a young adult woman of average height with chest-light brown, Hoshinomiya-Sensei, and finally a tall adult male with brown hair and green, Mashima-Sensei move us to our assign seats which goes from 1-A to 1-D. There were five rows, each hosting eight seats. Rather than promptly taking my seat, I opted to allow my classmates to settle first. 

Most sat near their friends. Notably, Kushida Kikyo, the "angel" of 1-D, positioned herself in the center effortlessly engaging with everyone around her, showcasing her impressive communication skills. It's impressive how well her communication skills are. I would have drain from talking that much. 

Horikita sat in the front with Sudo sitting to the right of her. Kouenji Rokusuke sat in a spot in the back, engrossed in self-admiration with a handheld mirror.