Opening Move (Final Part)

Ayanokoji Kiyotaka POV

♙♘♗♖♕♔ 🄲🅷🄴🅲🄺🅼🄰🆃🄴 ♚♛♜♝♞♟

Once again, the Checkmate Title Card reappears on the screen.

The Auditorium was in a stale mood due to the ruckus of Checkmate Kiyotaka's classmate's introduction, his comments about Chabashira-Sensei, and perplexing individuals like Ryuen and Sakayanagi causing havoc in the Auditorium.

There was silent chatter among students in different years. Some students seem bored, amused,  agitated, and excited about what's to come from the screen.

However, one common trait in the Auditorium was animosity towards Ike, Yamauchi, Kouenji, Ryuen, Sakayanagi and me.

I was the lowest on the list and it wasn't even my fault. Checkmate Kiyotaka ludicrous thoughts about Checkmate Chabashira-Sensei was a slight shock to me

Chabashira-Sensei is attractive but I wouldn't go into such detail highlighting about it

Another factor was Checkmate Kiyotaka suspicious towards Checkmate Kushida.

These suspicions caused uproar among the students in the Auditorium. Arguments flung around the room because of this. Doubt started to rise. Kushida's character, in my timeline and Checkmate's timeline, is called into question by me and Kouenji (Our Checkmate's selves), Ryuen, and Sakayanagi. The latter who ruthlessly question our Kushida's true intentions and motives.

Due to Kushida's overwhelming strength in moral support, discourse surrounding her and her Checkmate self was quickly extinguished.

Though this didn't dissipate the students' ire of Ryuen, Sakayanagi, Kouenji, Ike, and Yamauchi.

Ryuen due to his vulgar comments throughout the screening and his accusation of Kushida

Sakayanagi due to her ruthless attack on Kushida.

Kouenji due to him causing a commotion on the bus in both timelines, his Checkmate self suspicious towards Checkmate Kushida, and well...Kouenji being Kouenji

These 3 aren't startled by the animosity coming towards them in the Auditorium.

Ike and Yamauchi though had downcasted expression with grim faces

Ike was still slightly white due to barrage of hate coming towards him and his Checkmate self

Yamauchi repeatedly struck his cranium, seemingly in the hope that the impact would stimulate his brain to undergo a transformative process, resulting in heightened intelligence

Ike and Yamauchi are widely disliked in my class and other classes in my timeline. Their acknowledgement seems to be virtually nonexistent, perhaps obscured by blindness or ignorance.

But now watching their Checkmate counterparts enact similar actions that happen in our timeline on the big screen, with all 3 years of ANHS (including the teachers) watching and mocking them, is a source of shame and embarrassment for Ike and Yamauchi.

The silent chatter came to a sudden stop once the title card gradually faded, presenting a new scene on the screen

The entrance ceremony was quite boring and, according to the faces of most of the students here, they would agree with me. The principal gave a long-winded speech, something about the school's history and miscellaneous information which took far too much time for everyone's taste. Few people listened attentively while most of them wished they could be some place else right about now. The ceremony finally ended at noon. After we received some general information about the campus, the crowd dispersed.