Opening Move (Part 2)

Ayanokoji Kiyotaka POV:

♙♘♗♖♕♔ 🄲🅷🄴🅲🄺🅼🄰🆃🄴 ♚♛♜♝♞♟

The screen reveals a new title card. The word, "Checkmate" is rendered with white and black squares adorned with black and white chess pieces surrounding it from the left and right.

"Ooh that's pretty!"

The one who glamorized the new title card was a 1-B girl with long blue hair tied to a ponytail. Her hair length was equal to Karuizawa.

"I never played chess before but this got me hella hooked on wanting to try it out!"

Another student in 1-B, this time a boy with short blue hair and purple eyes.

"Me too!"

Ichinose eyes gleam with excitement for the prospect of playing chess with her friends

"Hey everyone, how many of you want to learn how to play chess together? Raise your hand!"

First it was Ichinose, then it was Kanzaki who supported Ichinose's idea and finally everyone raise up their hands

The camaraderie and mutual support within Class 1-B was unmatched, built upon a foundation of friendships and trust that served as their source of strength.

Though..there was one girl who reluctantly raised their hand, she had violet eyes and violent hairs. To not be an odd one out, she raises her hand despite not actually wanting to.

"Kamuro-san, Hashimoto-kun, If you had to pick between the black pieces and white pieces, which one would you choose?"

The lilac hair girl propose this to Kamuro and Hashimoto who looked at her with undying attention

"Hmm, Princess, is there an importance between the white and black pieces?"

With a thoughtful expression, Hashimoto inquire the significance of the chess pieces

"In the game of chess, the player making the first move is assigned the white pieces, and the one with the black pieces moves second. Given this, which option would you both choose?"

"I would pick the black pieces"

Kamuro stated with no hesitation

"Likewise, opting for black allows me to assess my opponent, observing their playing skills and strategic decisions"

Both Kamuro and Hashimoto agreed on picking the black pieces rather than the white pieces

"Fufu, we're quite the contrast, initiating the game is my preferred approach"

Usually, aggressive players opt for the white pieces, while defensive players favor the black pieces

The lilac hair girl is a more aggressive player. Pressuring her opponents from the start to claim the win by the end of the match

However, this wasn't the complete conclusion I drew about this girl....

So she's Sakayanagi Arisu.....

Not only was Kamuro and Hashimoto's full attention on Sakayanagi, but half of the section sitting close or near her were paying full attention to her.

The other half were not bothering to listen to her

In Class A there's two factions, the Sakayanagi faction and the Katsuragi faction. The primary objective for both factions is to jointly exert control over their entire class.

The Appearance of Katsuragi is unknown to me, but if I had to make a guess, a boy with a large body frame sitting with proper decorum.

He radiates an aura of a very serious person who adheres to the rules of manners and good conduct.