three. motel or meth lab?

CHAPTER THREE: MOTEL OR METH LAB?

"Pope what did you do?"

"Sandbar. The channel changed." Pope said in response. The group looked concerned about the boat crashing.

"No shit." JJ groaned, still floating in the water.

Emma Lynn swam back to the boat. The salt water burned the swimming girl's eyes as she rubbed them to furiously get the water out. She was annoyed at JJ, for sure. He's the reason she ended up in the water in the first place. But at least she was only wearing her bikini when she fell because she did not want to soak her clothes.

"This is why you need to stop doing your stupid 'party trick', JJ." she complained as she got on the boat.

"Hey, I saved the beer, though." he said complacently. As if that made anything better.

"Congrats." John B said, his tone dripping with sarcasm. As Emma got back on the boat, she grabbed a towel and dried her burning eyes with it, feeling finally relaxed.

Pope was hardly paying attention to their conversation. He stared at the water and squinted his eyes as he tried to see something.

"Guys, I think there's a boat down there."

The rest of the group said disagreeing words, like they thought he was joking. But he wasn't. He actually saw a boat.

"No, no guys. I'm serious. There's like a boat down there, for real." he pointed at the water. "It's a boat!"

"Oh, shit. He's right. Let's go." Kiara said. She and John B took their shirts off to get in almost immediately. They jumped in at the same time.

"I just got out." Emma said and then jumped back in after the duo.

"Guys, wait up!" Pope spoke and took his shirt off too, getting in the water. They all swam to the drowned boat's direction.

The group dived in the water. It was almost peaceful, all five of them being underwater. They were all swimming to get to the boat. When they reached it, they touched it and squinted their eyes open to see from beneath the water. They all had the same shocked reaction. It's a Grady-White.

After seeing the very expensive boat, the group swam back up at the same time.

"You guys saw that, right?" JJ asked once they swam up to catch their breaths.

"Yeah, I did." Kiara laughed.

"No way." Emma spoke with a surprised laugh.

Then, they got back on the HMS Pogue.

"That's a Grady-White! A new one of those is like 500 Gs, easy." JJ said.

"Yeah, that's the boat we saw when we surfed the surge." John B spoke, looking at Emma for her reaction. Her eyebrows raised in realization.