chapter 61

10 YEARS LATER ~

.
Shehnaaz is sipping her coffee when she hears a knock at the door , she replies " yes come in " . " Doctor we have one last patient for today ... though we told them that you working hours is over and you are leaving within 5 mins , the patient's family isnt listening ... what to do ?

Shehnaaz - Send them inside

Nurse - Okay

The patient and her mom enter the cabin . Shehnaaz starts examining her .

Shehnaaz - How old are you ?

The girl - 8 years old

Shehnaaz puts the thermometer in her mouth and looks at her watch

Patient's mother - Mada'am ji isko kal raat se boht bukhar ho rakha hai plss kuch kijiye , bujhar utar hi nahi raha

Removing the stethoscope from her chest , she asks " baby do you feel chest pain ? " , the girl replies little little ...

" she is quite good amount of phlegm accumulated inside her lungs , we need to clean that ... dont worry she will be fine , i am writing some medicines and their dossage follow them for the time being , also gargle daily with salt water and have 2 spoons of honey every morning ... "

Patient's mother - Thank you doctor , we will do as you say ...

Shehnaaz - Her temperature is 103 °F , which is concerning , if the temp doesnt fall at night , sponge her forehead with cold water...

Mother - Doctor she has exams in the coming week , she has to study for that

Shehnaaz - Her health should be your priority right now , dont think about anything else ... give her proper rest , so that she can get well soon

Mother - Sorry doctor

Shehnaaz - No need to apologize to me , aap uski maa hai aapse behtar kaun janta hai ki uska khayal kaise rakhna hai kaise nahi ... haina ?

Mother - Ji .

the mother daughter duo leaves . Shehnaaz calls the reception to know whether there is anymore patient left , on knowing she is done for the day , she packs up her things and walks out of her cabin ...

Nurse - Doctor its raining outside

Shehnaaz - Kya baat kar rahi hoon , main toh chhata lana hi bhul gayi hoon

Nurse - Mere paas ek extra umbrella hai aap woh leke jaiye

Shehnaaz - Thank you so much Mrs Jiya

Shehnaaz is walking on the foggy desolated streets , there are hardly few people around her , 3 young men drenched in rain are running aimlessly because they dont have umbrella , a few cars are driving fast pass the street to reach their destination as soon as possible , then their is a couple kissing in the rain , enjoying the moment to the fullest ... Shehnaaz looks around her indifferently , the incessant sound of the raindrops transforms into symphony, a natural melody that resonates with her solitude . She keeps walking and as she walks , she slips into memory lane , the distant memory of the man she used to love once upon a time , the man , the friend , the lover and her worst nightmare ! Her past scars havent healed yet , but she acts like she has moved on . Since 10 years Shehnaaz has been trying to forget him , but he lives in her heart , how can she not recall about Sidharth ? He left her in her worst time , he left her when she needed him the most , he is a jerk to her , still she cant get over him ... she curses herself for this , she calls herself a loser for this ... She is determined that even if one day she meets him again , she wont cry , she will behave as if he doesnt exist for her , thats the best thing she can do for herself . Then suddenly she recalls the time when once Sid took her to an icecream date , that was a rainy day too ... " tumne gandi aadat lagadi meri ice cream khane ki , abh toh mujhe aadhi raat ko bhi craving hoti hai " , Sana used to nag , " toh phir mujhe call kardena main ice cream leke tumse milne aa jaunga " , he used to pamper her like this ... suddenly the umbrella falls from Shehnaaz's hand and she comes nack to reality . She picks up the umbrella and starts walking again .