chapter 73

Next Day -

Shehnaaz is busy treating her patients , when the clock strikes 10:30 . " Dr , there is an emergency case ! A 10 years old boy fell from the stairs and is suffering from severe head injury  and blood loss... " , nurse naina informs Shehnaaz .

Shehnaaz - You complete the rest of the bandaging let me go and see that boy . Also make sure to check the body temperature of the babygirl in the adjacent bed and give her adequate dose of saline drip .

Shehnaz runs to the injured boy who is laying unconscious in the emergency ward . After examining him thoroughly she states , " brain haemorrhage ! needs to be operated immediately ! "

The boy's mother literally kneels down and begs before Shehnaaz to save her son's life by any means whole the father is busy blaming his wife . Shehnaaz assures them that she will try her best !

The operation starts and takes approx. 2 and a half hours to be completed . The child is thankfully out of danger now but needs to be monitored closely in ICU . But something bothers Shehnaaz . She goes and talks to Dr Vijay who is working in the adjacent ward . He is very senior to her and she admires him a lot .

Dr Vijay - What happened doctor Sood ?.

Shehnaaz - Its strange . How can a child fall from second floor stairs and be this severely injured ?

Dr Vijay - You mean ? ...

Shehnaaz - The parents are lying !

Dr Vijay - How can you me so sure ? May be the stairs are very stiff and the child was sleepy so he couldnt balance ... Why will the parents lie regarding such a sensitive topic ?

Shehnaaz - I dont know ... My gut feeling is saying so

Dr Vijay - Dont overthink . Just go to the parents and inform them about their son's condition .

Shehnaaz - Okay doctor .

Dr Vijay - How is the his condition ?

Shehnaaz - He underwent s big surgery but endured it well . We can say he is out of danger but needs to be under observation for some days .

Dr Vijay - Good . Dr Sood you are a competent dr why do you always jam your mind with unneccesary stuffs ? Focus on your job dont get distracted .

Shehnaaz - Sorry doctor ...

She thought she is really overthinking but her doubt turns into belief when she sees many wound marks on the boy's mother's neck , hand and face . Shehnaaz immediately interogates the mother about those marks but she firmly denies . She claims that she got those injuries by working in their private animal farm ...

" Everything is so fishy about this family " , Shehnaaz ponders .

After hearing that the child is out of danger , the father leaves and the mother  will stay at the hospital alone all night . As if the man doesnt care about his son at all .

Shehnaaz really wants to find out the truth but since she doesnt have any solid proofs and none except her is willing to get involved in this matter , she backs off .

Finally at around 2pm , Shehnaaz's duty gets over . It was indeed a super busy day for her . She gets ready to leave for her home when she recalls what Sidharth told her yesterday .

" No way he will wait for me for 3 and a half hours ... " , she tries to convince herself .

Nurse Jiya - Doctor itne raat ko aap ghar kaise jayegi ?

Shehnaaz - Dont worry I had brought my scooty today

Nurse Jiya - Oh ! I am glad .

Shehnaaz is on her way home , but she keeps thinking about Sidharth . She is somewhat confused about what should she do , go home or go to the ghats . Going to the ghats at this later hour thinking someone is wating for you is very absurd . " But what if he really keeps waiting all night ? " , Shehnaaz becomes restless .