Chapter Ten

I am going to rock this shit with two fingers in my nose.

Okey maybe not that is gross, but you get the message.

Athena Sorrengail's personal addendum to the Book of Brennan

Of course, I am not going to die. Do you even know me.

Xaden steps forward dressed in midnight fighting leathers and a tight-fitted short-sleeve shirt that only seemed to make the shimmering, dark rebellion relics on his skin seem like an even bigger warning. 

Not that I listen to warnings.

"You are all in for a treat," Professor Emetterio says, clapping his hands. "Xaden's one of the best fighters we have. Watch and learn."

"Of course, you are," I mutter "Showoff."

A very hot showoff.

A corner of Xaden's mouth rises in a smirk, and the gold flecks in his eyes seem to dance.

The hott ass (with a hot ass) is enjoying this. He may have beaten me two years ago, but I have become so much better. I also worked on a couple of tricks perfected for him.

"A little out of her league, don't you think?" Dain argues from the side of the mat. 

Seriously, he never even looks at me but now I have a change of a life time he still tries to ruin it.

"Relax, Aetos." Xaden looks over my shoulder, his gaze hardening toward where I know Dain is standing, where he always stands when Violet is on the mat. "Your little girlfriend will be in one piece when I'm finished teaching her."

"Do you have to use such a low blow by making me vomit to win?" I glare at him.

"I hardly think it's fair-" Dain's voice rises.

Just when I am about to insult his whole family tree, Xaden speaks again.

"No one asked you to think, squad leader," Xaden fires back as he moves to the side, discarding every weapon on his body - and there were a lot of them - and handing them to Imogen.

Again, with Imogen.

I really don't like that.

Fuck is that jelousy. Look what you did to me Xaden Riorson.

"You don't think you'll need those?" I ask, palming my own blades.

"Nope. Not when you brought enough for the both of us."

A wicked smile curves his mouth as he stretches out his hand and curls his fingers in a come-hither motion. "Let's go."

Why does everything sound so hot from his mouth. Not fair.

My heart beats faster in excitement as I take a fighting stance and wait for him to strike. This mat is only twenty feet in either direction, and yet my entire world narrows to my whole world.