Chapter 7

The sun was shining on the lake as Nicky lapped at the water "The sunset is pretty today" Roxy chripped as she sat and watched it. The sky was a pretty pinky orange and they were little to no clouds. Nicky stopped lapping at the water but his chin dripped water droplets every now and than. "Yeah it is quite nice today." A cool breeze ruffled Nicky's fur and he shivered. "Even though it's new-leaf the breeze is still quite cold." Roxy patted the ground with her paw gesturing for Nicky to sit beside her.

Nicky and Roxy sat side by side keeping each other warm as the watched the sun set. The sun slowly went behind the mountains making the water in the lake no longer glimmer. Roxy opened her jaws in a yawn "We should get some rest after all he has one more day tomorrow." Nicky nodded and they both headed for their nest which was inside a hollow tree trunk. It kept them warm and well hidden from the clan wolves.

Roxy and Nicky trotted through the trees until they got to their nest. Roxy clambered up and tree and jumped into the hole. "Come on Nicky!" Nicky clambered up the tree and jumped into the hollow beside Roxy. They both curled up side by side, Roxy rested her head against Nicky and they closed their eyes as they both drifted off to sleep.