Chapter 8

Birds chripped as the sun rose. It rained the previous night causing the grass the be wet and the clearing to be a bit muddy. Inside the warriors den Shadowsight was resting. His chest was slowly rising and falling. Scoutfern was on the high tree assigning patrols. Shadowsight was the only wolf still sleeping. "Where is Shadowsight?" Scoutfern's voice rang out waking Shadowsight.

"Hm?" Shadowsight blinked open his eyes at the call of his name. Scoutfern was trotting through the muddy clearing to the warriors den. "Shadowsight!" Called Scoutfern and Shadowsight sat up quick. "Yes Scoutfern?" He was blinking his eyes the wake up. "Your on a border patrol with Lo'ak,Lunamoon,Mosspaw,Athenasbark and Mountainpaw." Shadowsight nodded and got up.

The grass was wet as they patrolled the borders. Lo'ak clambered up the lookout tree. "See any rogues?" Mountainpaw asked excitedly but Lo'ak shook his head and hopped down from the tree. "That's good that there's no rogues." Mountainpaw sighed and the patrol carried on. After they were done they headed back to camp. One of the hunting patrols were just coming back.

Shadowsight grabbed a piece of prey from the fresh kill pile and layed beside a tree trunk. "Today is your last day or else tomorrow your dead." Nickys words rung in his ears as he tried to eat. He sighed not being able to finish his prey and gave it to an apprentice. He headed for the forest to speak to Nicky and Roxy.

Nicky and Roxy were sitting side by side in a cluster of trees waiting for Shadowsight. He was walking slowly until he reached the cluster of trees where they were waiting for him. "This is you last day." Nicky rolled his eyes as he spoke. Roxy began to speak "So have you chosen what you'll do yet?" She asked with annoyance and Shadowsight nodded. "I'm not doing it." Nicky gasped and began laughing "Your pathetic aren't you? You wouldn't wanna posses your mate so you both stay alive?" Shadowsight growled and Nicky snarled back "Don't you dare. Have fun dieing tomorrow. Met here as soon as the sun rises." Shadowsight nodded and left his tail swishing from side to side as he walked.