Whoa, What a Place.

(Heyy, i might be rewriting the majority of this book, so please, dont judge or hate.
 + I SWEAR SADE ISNT A DELUSIONAL PICK-ME GIRL)

--------------------------

(IT MIGHT NOT BE ACCURATE TO THE BOOKS, BUT I'VE ONLY GOTTEN TO CHAPTER 11 OF THE 2ND BOOK OF HoO SO DON'T COME AT ME)

906 words.

TW: Angst, Fluff, and trauma :3

——————————

Sky waltzed around the yard, waiting for her cab to come to pick her up to take her to the new summer camp. She was told she would fit in perfectly, although she's been bouncing around foster homes and orphanages, waiting to find somewhere she belongs. Though it seemed as if no one wanted her, claiming she was bad luck. Like a black cat, you could say. Her appearance didn't help much.

she waited patiently until a sleek black van pulled up, a guy in an orange camp counselor t-shirt emerged from the passenger seat. The man had on Brown shorts, or at least that's what she thought. She did a double take as she realized the man had goat legs, just like the fictional characters the other kids told her about.

"You're my escort? why are your legs like that?" She retorted but walked over to him reluctantly. The guy sighed, "You teenagers and your dumb questions. fine, I'm a satyr. now can we move on?"

Sky snickered, "A satyr? like, the old ones from Greek mythology class?"

The guy rolled his eyes. "Yes, like Greek Mythology. now let's get going, it would be best to get there early, you need a tour of the grounds. Let's go!" He started to walk back to the car as normal as he could, considering he had goat legs.

She reluctantly followed him, sighing as she hopped into the back of the car. a girl with short brown hair waved and smiled. "Hey! You're Sky, right?" The girl smiled, she seemed to be at least a year older than Sky, around 13, 14 maybe.

"Yeah. Sky Hansley. What's it to you?" She looked curious, and the older girl began to introduce herself; "I'm Sade. Sade Asherah. It's great to meet you!" She smiled and held her hand out for her to shake it, Sky seemed hesitant... but shook her hand anyway. Sade's hand was soft, yet strong. it partially intimidated her. they both released the handshake and Sade was smiling welcomingly. "Say, do you like books?"

  Sky side-eyed her for a second.

"No, not really. why do you ask?"

Sade blinked at her in disbelief, looking between the driver and Sky.

"Oh, uhm... do you know anything about Greek Mythology?"

The van began to take off, driving down the road and towards their destination.

"Not really, I'm not too into that stuff. why are you asking me this?"

The older girl sighed. "This is going to be hard to hear. Do you want me to tell you or the camp counselor?"

Sky blinked repeatedly, wondering what she was talking about. "What do you mean?"

Sade sighed, looking the younger girl up and down, trying to figure out how she should tell her that all Greek myths are real and that she will likely have to face the monsters from her storybooks when she reaches the right age. oh boy, was this going to be fun to watch Chiron explain. "Well, what I mean, is that there are... certain things about our camp that you have to know. and I know that they tried to tell you, multiple times. and I'm sorry it has to happen this way."

Sade sighed and gently placed a reassuring hand on Sky's shoulder, only for the girl to give her a judging glare that pretty much said "What the hell are you doing?" She released the girl's shoulder and started to become self-conscious.

meanwhile.

Sky sighed and looked away, wondering what the hell this girl was talking about. She stared at her hands as she thought over the situation. she eventually let it go, not wanting to over think this interaction. the girl seemed to be a little... special. in the neurodivergent way.

"It's fine, you didn't have to let go. but where is it that we're going? and can i keep this?" She holds out her phone and Sade snatched it immediately, throwing it out the window. "WHAT THE HELL, MAN??" Sky shouted, staring at the girl in disbelief and anger. "What was that for? you could've just told me no."

Sade sighed. "The signal of Phones, smartwatches, TVs, and even radios are like a flare in the sky for monsters. the signal leads them right to us. it's like cow dung for flies. it turns us into bait. might as well be a suicide call to have one with you. one of my friends are making secret ones, that don't attract monsters. if you get along with him, he might make you a new one. with that stated, do you have any more electronics on you?"

Sky's eyes widened. "What monsters? Is it safe there?" She takes her watch off and hands it to Sade who throws it out of the window too.
"Thank you. and yes, it's safe inside of camp. What killed your father, was a Chimera. A full grown one, and I'm surprised you made it out of there alive." the older girl smiled. "You're the quite the lucky one." She patted Sky on the head, who in return smiled at her.

"Yeah, I guess so..."

(DONE MWAHAHAHAHA! WHAT DO YALL THINK???)