Ironically Alive.

(SADE IS THE MC FOR THIS ONE)

TW: Mention of Suicide, Suicide Attempt.

(507 words)
--------------------------

Sade's dreams were harsh, once again. The same reoccurring nightmare haunted her once more, but it dug its nails deeper this time, reaching for her sore spots, digging deeper... and deeper... it hit a little too hard this time.

Her father was standing at her bedside as she laid in the infirmary. he towered over her motionless body, his hand resting on hers. This might seem comforting to some, but Sade knew better. she closed her eyes and told herself, "This is just a dream. He's not real..." at first she believed it, that was until he spoke. She hadn't heard his voice in so long... it felt like her soul was being manipulated. But as she focused on what he was saying, it felt as if she was being torn in 2.

"You are the problem. If you die, the problems will be solved. The world will be safe. No monsters will harm your friends. The camp will be safe, and everyone will be at peace. End this problem at its source, Sade Asherah. Join me."

-----------------------------

Sade woke up in a cold sweat, her hair sticking to her forehead as she brushed it away.

Damn it, not again... why it was so intense this time?

She put her hair up in a ponytail, then swung her feet over the edge of her bed, slipping them into her slippers.

Fuck my life...

She stretched and rose to her feet, taking a few steps towards her dresser before opening it and grabbing some of her clothes, she then made her way into the bathroom and began getting ready. the entire time she thought over what her dad had said, and if it was actually him this time...

what the hell was that? Is Hades trying to get in my head?

She then realized as she began brushing her teeth, that her father was right. Gods damn it, of course he was right. He always was. she had been the source of this problem all along... her life is the problem. Her very existence is a threat to Olympus.

what if I did...? It would solve everything. it would save Sky, Leo, Hazel, Frank, and everyone-we-met-along-the-way's fate... it would be the easiest option. I would only have to lose my life, to save everyone else's...

//////

She finished dressing herself in what she would like to die in. this was her favorite outfit, shes loved it ever since she was a child. now, she has decided. today was her last day.

She forced herself to leave her cabin, and she made her way to the canoe docks.
she watched the currents in the lake until she finally found a strong enough one. she took one last glance behind her, dropping her suicide notes along with her coat in a nearby canoe. she sighed and took one last spin in the wind, for old time's sake.

and then she jumped in.