What..?

(HEYYY!!! IM FINALLY ON MARK OF ATHENA OH MY GODS.)

Sorry for the lack of updates lately, i've been overthinking starting high school :')

TW: Mention of Suicide and self harm.

---------------------------

Leo awoke early this morning; the sun was just barely peaking over the horizon. At first, he didn't know what had woken him, but then he heard a knock at the cabin door.

One of the first things that Leo did when he awoke in his cabin, was go to the bathroom and take a good look at his reflection. As he was brushing his hair, he was wondering if the new day was going to be any different from yesterday. Something in his gut told him that it was going to be very different.

Suddenly. there was a knock on the cabin door that caught Leo's attention. He slowly walked over to the door and opened it slightly, still half-dressed and groggy.

Out of all the people he was expecting, it ended up being - puffy-eyed, looks like she's been crying for hours - Sade.

"Hey, uh.. I need to talk to you."

Her playful demeanor from the night prior has completely washed away, it probably came out with the tears she shed.

Where's Sky?

Leo immediately welcomed her in, his mind racing as he wondered what was happening since he'd never seen her like this. She's been at camp for a few weeks now, and he's never seen her break down and look so fragile before. "Is everything alright? What did you need to talk to me about?"

"I need to warn you of something."

Are you kidding me?

His anxiety quickly spiked, and he reached for his tool belt, which he just now realized he wasn't wearing. She didn't seem to have any bad intentions, so he invited her inside and shut the door behind her, leaving the two of them alone in the cabin. His eyes still showed a faint hint of concern. "Okay... So, what do you need to warn me 'bout?"

"The... thing. with Rachel. It's supposed to be a quest, like a test of fate. I wasn't supposed to tell anyone, but I felt guilty not letting you know..." She crosses her arms, picking at the acne on her shoulders nervously.

What kind of prank is this? because it sure as hell isn't a good one.

He immediately tensed at the mention of a quest. Sade was being a little vague about what the thing with Rachel was, and it was giving him a feeling that it might not be something good at all. Leo was trying his best to stay calm since he wanted to get more details on the situation from Sade. He spoke up softly, still showing a genuine amount of concern.

"Sade, tell me what you know about this quest... do I need to be worried?"

As soon as he mentioned his worry, her eyes began to water as if she'd done this on a loop. "I'm sorry," She sighs before continuing, "I... It's my fault that this whole thing is happening."

His eyes widened, and his worry immediately turned to fear. If Sade was crying, this must be something deep. He didn't want anything terrible to happen, and he also wanted to make sure that it wouldn't be seriously bad as Sade was seeming to indicate.