Chapter Prime' 1: Blast from the Past

However she had very quickly discovered that she was carrying the child of her late husband and having the favor of the king, she had to wait to see if it was a girl or a boy then at the time of the birth of Rokolo, She accepted that he was treated as a pariah rather than watch him die. Also he had to live on the fringes of society during his first 6 years, still in exile on the royal domain, but at a good distance.

The Legend of the Black Lion

One day, the king had a dream in which a herd of buffalo was harassed by lions when their leader was isolated from the herd. He found himself face to face with a big giant black lion that was two heads larger than him, the powerful leader of the buffaloes🐃. There was a long period of observation and the buffalo ended up being surrounded by lions who had arranged themselves in a circle around the stage forming a kind of arena.

 There was a long period of observation and the buffalo ended up being surrounded by lions who had arranged themselves in a circle around the stage forming a kind of arena

The giant lion began to turn around him at first slowly, then gradually increasing its speed. He put himself in an attack position, then feigned, like a boxer... rushing on the buffalo, striking quickly with one paw or the other, then shifting and starting again trotting on the other side, with a serene air revolving around him in a frenetic dance.

This lasted some time before the buffalo realized the blood on the sand, observing himself, he saw that his flesh was plowed and his belly deeply lacerated pissing the blood. For him, it was scratches, because he did not really feel the pain.

But he became angry and aware of the situation and decided to finish it turned to attack this giant Lion. If he were to die, he would sell his skin dearly. but he did not find the beast. He turned and turned again, looking for it, he crossed the gaze of the other lions who observed the scene and seemed to delight in the show.

Then he received a powerful kick to the side of his head, causing him to tip over, something he thought impossible. He did not have time to recover when he felt the powerful jaw close on the right side of his neck. He saw in Leo's eyes that there was no way out.

The King awoke in sweat and called upon his mage. He interpreted his dream as this.

The Tributary Totem was that of the buffalo and this meant that the royal line was in great danger. On the other hand, the black lion was an unknown mystical force, but the lion had been the totem of the tribute of the chief Ré-Ndongo who had now disappeared, massacred by his majesty.

Yet, continued the mage, there is still a member of this family, he said, looking at the king. The latter bowed his head torn by what all this implied. The leader finally straightened the head, inhaled very deeply, then expelled all his air with a violent blow while fixing with intensity the mage. Before getting up and dusting his garment and pulling out the back door.