Chapter 4: A New chapter began

This boy normally grew up in the joy of the village during his early childhood, not distinguishing himself from his comrades in any way.

Then, at the age of seven, he was introduced to ancestral traditions by swallowing the sacred wood (Iboga) which allows the opening of the 3rd eye and the connection to the spiritual world of the tribute.

He had indeed the opening of the third eye... but also of the fourth, fifth sixth and seventh spiritual eye.

From that day on, he divided his time circulating in his community and near his grandfather then sometimes disappeared for hours some days. But this did not cause any concern, because the whole village knew where and with whom he was.

They had noticed how special this child was, he could suddenly predict the future, he advised on the best ways to treat when a person suffered from physical and spiritual diseases.

Above all, he was able to find solutions to the problems that the village's Nganga did not expect to be able to deal with. This prompted him to take him with him more and more often.

And then the nganga had a ritual to call him when he was not around, he said his name seven times and proclaimed magical words while performing a ritual and in a few moments the little one appeared from nowhere as if by magic.

His comrades said that he could breathe under water, because he could spend some time there without any particular effect and he played hide and seek like nobody: because he could find himself in a few seconds on the other side of the village and during these few seconds, The women who were farming several miles away could see him running by, or he would make a joke to them, and then he would almost disappear as he had appeared.

One day, shortly after his majority, he reunites his family with his grandfather and the new nganga who had succeeded his friend Watou the former healer of the village.

He told them that it was time for him to live his life and to discover the world and the other worlds. If ever needed, they would always know how to reach him. That the ritual of invocation be carried out and its alliance with men would be respected. Then he kissed his family goodbye to the whole village and took leave.

Since then, Alvius appears when he is summoned to solve men's problems. Otherwise, it has been seen throughout the great Kongo kingdom, and even beyond. Sometimes it appears in the sessions of spiritualism in the dreams of those who invoke it, initiatory gatherings.

Legend has it that he was once seen surfing in the middle of a river standing on a banana leaf. It is sometimes preceded by various animals and is said to command nature.

Many legends circulate about him and it is said that we have already seen him surfing in the middle of a river standing on a banana leaf. It is sometimes preceded by various animals and is said to command nature. It would even have resurrected a person swallowed by a python.

Several centuries later, Europeans arrived on the continent and over time they fought the ancient traditions of Christianizing the people. Alvius gradually fell into the anonymity treated as a sorcerer by the new masters of his subjects.

His legend nevertheless survived and his adventures were told by various tribes in Africa with several names depending on the place of the continent where he was invoked.

Western missionaries transcribe many legends, stories or other tales evoking Alvius, Anmut, N'kembo...