Prime' 3: The Sangho

He was found and cared for by the inhabitants of this village, he will retain a more feline gait because of his wound the rest of his life, but will not keep any sequelae.

During his convalescence, he had strong fevers and he felt a constant presence near him, he heard speaking in his native language even as the inhabitants of this village spoke in another dialect. This being, he was the only one able to see and hear him, sometimes he watched sitting next to him and sometimes he disappeared from the visual field of the child.

Yet he felt that this presence was never far away and, over time, it reassured him.

He soon recovered and was adopted by the inhabitants of the village. This community lived in the mountains and a branch of the river passed near this village. He quickly learned to speak like them the Sangho and grew up among the older clans.

Indeed, the chief's daughter had found him lying on the outskirts of the village and was regularly checking in with the healer. She also brought him food and began to teach him the language. Under her leadership, Rokolo was quickly adopted by all.

The Village was located thousands of kilometers from the place where he grew up, not far from 3 of the largest rivers that crossed the continent making its fauna particularly rich.

He grew up and thanks to his natural abilities, he joined the troop of hunters, he was so gifted and agile in hunting, that he was given the name of "Ze" which meant the leopard in Songho.

Princess Nwalo had managed to convince her father to keep him among his own, and his dexterity and calm had seduced the whole village, he seemed to have no psychological after-effects of his childhood and he was fully flourishing with his new brothers.

The king himself having detected his potential during a hunting party he had personally conducted, he decided to invite the young man to the noble caste of warriors he could prove himself.

What he did in the following months and years, he became the best warrior and was elected leader by his peers by an initiatory fight.

As he neared his majority, however, he again began to see the presence he had physically identified as a child and sick, and when he came to speak to him again, he recognized the familiar voice and language he had almost forgotten. This made him nostalgic.

"I am the one who saved you from your tragic fate do you remember me?" after the young man is acquiesced, he continued. Your destiny was not to die far from yours. If you pledge allegiance to me, I will offer you revenge for yourself and for your parents whom you do not know, but who for the most part were slaughtered just as they tried with you.

"Do you remember what happened to the man who tried to kill you?" Ze, forbidden, suddenly saw again all these scenes that he had simply hidden from his memory thanks to the one who now faced him.

Ze was gone and Rokolo was coming back to life. "Your lineage is royal and your father's rival decided to betray him by deceit." He slaughtered all the nobles except your mother, whom he had taken in affection, which saved your life for a time, but I instilled fear in the traitor by a dream that led him to try to kill you.

"In doing so, he sealed his destiny, for today you are a great warrior and I made you lead among the best warriors in Africa so that you would be seasoned and become the best for your people." If you worship me, and engage your lineage with me, I will give you great lands, and your descendants will have the world at their feet."

Rokolo at first furious, swore and tempered against the one who had thus provoked his forced exile, but he understood the plan and finally agreed to link his destiny to this presence.