Annes pregnant

Hey guys thanks for reading my story, if you don't really care about all of the pregnancy stuff you can just skip to the chapter "it's time" and read on from there. That is where the dramatic and sad stuff starts. 💖

As Gilbert gently felt the lump in Anne's tummy he kissed her cheek. Anne smiled as she looked out the window of the lounge room.
"I just love you so much" Gilbert said as he gave her a warm hug.
"I love you too!" She said as she turned around and gave him a gentle kiss. Anne had been pregnant for almost 5 months now and she was very nervous at the start but gradually she is feeling better. Gilbert on the other hand was ecstatic.
"What we're you thinking about?" he asks concerned knowing Anne is scared about the birth.
"Just looking at how beautiful the water looks today" she says looking back out to the pond on one of the hills. Gilbert smiled looking at her, she turned to look at him and smiled too. "Oh it is such a wonderful day! We should go out and be in the nature"
"Why that sounds good and I canceled work today so I could be with you and the little one inside of you." Gilbert said.
"Let me make a picnic. Oh! And I need to wash those dishes"
"No! Allow me!" Gilbert says as he rushes over to grab the plate off Anne's hand.
"Oh, dammit Gilbert I am very capable of washing the dishes, and I will not be refined to sitting in a chair all day! I can look after myself you know!" Anne said as she was frustrated of not being able to do anything even though she was perfectly capable of doing so.
"Oh really I hadn't noticed" said Gilbert sarcastically smirking knowing she was very passionate about the subject. "I just don't want you to strain yourself" he said softly and compassionately.
"But I have to do things like tomorrow I plan to go to a protest to make sure that they won't chop down one of the trees and of course the Christmas holidays end soon and I will have to go back to teaching"
"Fine then I will never leave your side" said Gilbert
"Gilbert you can't do that you have work"
"But-
"Your just going to have to trust that I will be ok."
Gilbert bent Down and kissed her tummy and rose meeting her eyes.
"Ok" he said smiling.