The check up

The train whistle blew loud as they heard the train coming. Gilbert was holding on to Annes hand tightly and tapping his foot.
"Why are you nervous?" Asked anne. "Is something wrong?" Anne asked worrying something was gonna be wrong with her baby.
"No no I-  I- I don't know why I'm nervous"
"I still see no need to go to this doctor for a check up when I have got one right here." Said Anne "oh but how exquisite it will be to see aunt Josephine. Why I don't even know if she knows I am pregnant. I remember I was going to do go and tell her but I had so much work to do with the students that I think I completely forgot!"
Gilbert chuckled "don't worry she will find out soon enough and you can explain to her all about why you didn't tell her earlier"
The train arrived and they got on Gilbert helping her up as Anne rolled her eyes but decided she would just let him as her baby was bringing her a bit of pain. She was now 6 months pregnant and it was getting harder.
Anne watched out the window as she saw all of the terrain whizz by. Hearing some chatter she turned to see Gilbert reading his book. She smiled and laid her head on his shoulder.
They soon arrived in Charlotte Town and walked over to the doctor.
"Hi we are here to see Dr Ward?" Gilbert asked the person at the front desk who he was glad to find someone that wasn't Winifred.
"Gilbert!"
They turned around to see Dr Ward standing in the hall.
"Oh and lovely Anne, it is so nice to see you too again" Dr Ward said cheerfully "oh my! Anne how that baby has grown"
She smiled looking down at her stomach it had grown, she realised that there was a living thing in there. Her little living thing. They walked into the office and Anne laid down on the bed as Gilbert sat on the chair next to her.
"So I imagine Gilbert has been taking good care of you?" Dr Ward said knowing Gilbert.
"Yes he won't let me lift a finger!" Anne exclaimed. Dr Ward did a few tests to make sure the baby was healthy then he checked the heart rate using the stethoscope.
"Ahhhh well there's definitely two heart beats going" he said. "Would you like to hear?"
Anne nodded and put the two ear buds in. She listened and with out trying to stop it her eyes teared up as water ran down her cheeks.
"Anne what's wrong!" Gilbert asked.
"It is just so beautiful!"
Gilbert gave a big grin, it was very beautiful. He then went and hugged Anne. She was so precious to him and he didn't want anything to happen to her, but he was starting to worry that something might. I mean his own mother died giving birth, what if something were to happen to Anne?