Will Anne survive?

Gilbert lay next to Anne stroking her head, he just needed her to get through the night. She looked pale and had her eyes wide open, Gilbert thought that if she went to sleep that she might even die. Although Anne didn't look like she inclined on sleeping. On the other hand Gilbert was really tired but he couldn't go to sleep he needed to be there for Anne. The night went on as they lay on the bed Gilbert hugging Anne.

Gilbert was getting really scared. What if she was going to be like this forever? What if she wasn't going to survive for very long?
He woke up as he slept for about an hour unknowingly. Anne was also asleep, you could hear her faint nasally breaths. Gilbert sighed in relief. He put his cheek against hers and pulled her in his grasp. Taking a deep breath in he felt her small pulse.

Anne's eyes fluttered open. She felt warm and safe, that was until she remembered everything. Then her stomach dropped and her face went blank. Her pulse quickened she desperately wanted it not to be true. She twitched slightly. Gilbert noticed this movement.
"Anne?"
"Mm" was all she managed to slip out in a sad tone feeling like her body wasn't even there anymore.
"Here let me get you some food you look so weak" Gilbert said relieved she had survived the night though.