Chapter 24

The atmosphere became tense as Reyansh's demeaning words hung in the air. Kiara felt a shiver run down her spine, a visceral reaction to the oppressive dominance he was asserting. The dynamics between them shifted, and her gut instinct signaled that the fight had just become messier.

"Get off me," Kiara demanded with a firm and serious tone, her eyes reflecting a determination to resist Reyansh's control. Reyansh, however, only chuckled, enjoying the power he held over her. "My dear, you have a lot to learn about being a queen. You can't just demand things from your king," he retorted, tightening his grip on her.

"You are king of this dynasty not my tribe and I only follow rules of shanghai. Get it?" Kiara raged up. She was already having a hard time with all the touches and her clothes being pull apart.

Reyansh leaned in; his lips dangerously close to her ear. "Well, my dear Shanghai rebel, in this palace, you will follow my rules," he whispered, savoring the defiance in her eyes.

"Doesn't matter, King, and this is not the way to behave with a woman. Haven't you learned any manners from your mother? Oh, sorry, you don't have one to learn from," Kiara knew her words would lead her to trouble but the situation she is in demanded such harsh words.

Reyansh tightened his grip on Kiara's throat, cutting off her air supply. Her eyes widened in panic, and she gasped for breath. The room felt suffocating, and the power imbalance was painfully evident. Reyansh, with a cold expression, seemed to enjoy the control he had over her. The struggle in Kiara's eyes only fueled his dominance, and it became clear that escaping this situation would require more than just defiance.

Reyansh's voice dripped with condescension as he commented on Kiara's defiance. "You really need to learn how to control that smart mouth, honey. And I see you are missing your classes, huh? I asked Dadi Sa to train you, but it looks like you have some other plans." The taunting tone underscored his arrogance, emphasizing the power imbalance between them. With a malicious glint in his eyes, Reyansh tightened his grip on Kiara's throat, making the air cut off as she struggled for breath. "Maybe this will teach you the consequences of crossing me," he sneered, his face inches away from hers. Kiara's eyes widened in fear and desperation as the room felt smaller, suffocating her with a sense of helplessness.

Kiara, struggling to speak amid Reyansh's tight grip, managed to rasp out, "This is not how a king should behave, Reyansh."

Reyansh chuckled darkly, tightening his hold on her throat. "As a future queen, you better get used to the reality that I dictate the terms here."

Defiance gleamed in Kiara's eyes. "I won't be silenced, Reyansh. No matter what you do, I'll never submit to your twisted idea of control."

Reyansh leaned in, his voice a dangerous whisper. "Your defiance will only lead to your own destruction. Remember, I always win."

His lips hovered dangerously close, a twisted smirk playing on his face. The proximity was intentional, a sinister tease fueled by the rage simmering within him. His sick mind reveled in the distorted pleasure of control, the anger pushing rationality to the brink. The intensity of his gaze bore into her, a storm of red swirling in his eyes, as if the very essence of his fury was manifesting. In that moment, Reyansh was on the precipice of losing himself to the dark currents of his emotions.

He glanced at her face, now red from the lack of air, and released his grip, allowing her to gasp for breath. "You never miss a chance to bring out my worst side," he muttered, a dark edge to his voice. His eyes bore into Kiara's, a mixture of anger and something more sinister gleaming in them. "You think you can challenge me, defy me?" he hissed, a cruel smile playing on his lips. "Well, my dear, you're in for a rude awakening. I control everything here, and you? You're under my control now".