Chapter 29

Authors Note: This chapter is the most tough till now and I worked so hard on this one. So please pen down your reviews and comments and leave a follow behind. The next update depends on the response of this one.

PS: The above image is of the new character deviyan ( Prince of Medhar). You all are free to imagine anyone of your choice.

______________________________________________________________________________

"Are you going to get up or not?" Sumarnika's voice thundered through the room, echoing off the walls. Her eyes blazed with impatience as she stood at the foot of the bed, hands firmly planted on her hips.

Deviyan, still ensconced under the warm covers, blinked sleepily as he peered up at his sister. He let out a long, exaggerated yawn, stretching his arms above his head before propping himself up on his elbows. "What's all the fuss about, Sumi?" he mumbled, his voice thick with sleep.

Sumarnika's patience wore thin as she watched her brother's sluggish movements. "I informed you last night that we are leaving this morning," she reminded him, her tone a mix of frustration and exasperation. "And here you are, sleeping like a bear in hibernation. Get up right now!"

With a soft chuckle, Deviyan finally relented, swinging his legs over the edge of the bed. His amused smile only seemed to irk Sumarnika further, but he couldn't help finding her fiery demeanor amusing.

As Deviyan stretched his limbs and rose from the bed, he glanced out the window to see the first rays of sunlight filtering through the curtains. "Alright, alright, no need to get all worked up," Deviyan said, finally fully awake as he ruffled his tousled hair. "I'm up now, aren't I?"

Sumarnika huffed in response, her impatience evident in the way she tapped her foot on the floor. "You could have been up hours ago. We have a long journey ahead of us, and I won't tolerate any delays."

Deviyan flashed her a mischievous grin, unfazed by her stern demeanor. "Ah, but where's the fun in rushing? Besides, a little extra beauty sleep never hurt anyone."

Sumarnika rolled her eyes at her brother's antics but couldn't help but crack a smile. Despite his infuriating tendency to procrastinate, she couldn't deny that Deviyan's carefree spirit often brought a sense of levity to their otherwise serious endeavors.

"Fine, just hurry up and get ready," Sumarnika relented, her tone softening slightly. "We need to leave as soon as possible."

Deviyan's brow furrowed in confusion as he glanced at his sister, his interest piqued despite his initial indifference. "Where are we going, by the way?" he asked, his tone laced with apathy.

Sumarnika's irritation flared at his lack of awareness. "Oh, Shiva, how could you even forget?" she exclaimed, exasperated. "We're going to the Singhania kingdom. Haven't you heard about the marriage invite?"

Deviyan's mood instantly soured at the mention of Reyansh's kingdom, his lips twisting into a bitter scowl. "Are you mocking me or what?" he retorted sharply. "I'm not stepping foot in Reyansh's kingdom."

Sumarnika's eyes pleaded with her brother, her heart heavy with the burden of their past. "Dada, please," she implored, her voice soft but tinged with urgency. "You need to let go of that childhood foolishness. It was just an accident. You can't hold onto that hatred forever."

Deviyan's expression hardened, his jaw clenching with pent-up anger. "Really, Sumi? Accident?" he retorted; his tone laced with bitterness. "How could I forget the insult Reyansh did to me? Do you really think I'll ever let that go?" The memories of their shared history, marred by a single incident, resurfaced like a relentless tide, fueling Deviyan's animosity towards Reyansh. Despite his sister's please, he remained steadfast in his resolve, his heart hardened by years of resentment.