chapter 17

Jeevanta rushed to the courtroom upon hearing the news of the announcement. In her mind, she held a premonition of what the announcement might entail, and it felt like nothing but impending destruction. The urgency in her steps mirrored the turmoil within, as she anticipated the repercussions that awaited with a sense of dread.

She knew her grandson all too well; after all, she played a significant role in shaping his character. Yet, in the rush of her own actions and decisions, she never thought that her own karma would come back to haunt her in such a profound way. The weight of responsibility and guilt pressed upon her as she hurried towards the courtroom, a reckoning with the consequences of the path she had paved for her family.

The impending marriage seemed like a harbinger of destruction, and Jeevanta was acutely aware that Reyansh would not back off. For the first time, he behaved in a manner that was alien to their previous interactions. The child who used to consider her counsel first was now prioritizing his decisions above all else, leaving Jeevanta grappling with a profound sense of helplessness and regret.

As she approached the courtroom, the gravity of the situation weighed heavily on Jeevanta's shoulders. The shift in Reyansh's behavior signaled a departure from the familiar, and the impending marriage cast a shadow of inevitable consequences. She understood the destructive path they were headed down, yet her influence over Reyansh seemed to wane in the face of his newfound determination.

The echoes of the past choices she made resounded in her mind, and the realization that her own actions contributed to this predicament bore down on her. It was a reckoning with the karma she had sown, now blooming into a turbulent storm that threatened to engulf everything she held dear. With each step towards the courtroom, Jeevanta grappled not only with the impending calamity but also with the ghosts of her own past decisions that haunted the present.

Reyansh stood on the throne, a figure of regal authority, his presence commanding attention. The mighty king surveyed the court, his expression unreadable, while his ministers looked at him with a mixture of curiosity and concern etched on their faces. The air in the courtroom hung with anticipation as they awaited the king's next move, uncertain of the unfolding events.

Reyansh's demeanor exuded an air of power and authority as he stood on the throne, the embodiment of regal might. His ministers, well-versed in courtly affairs, exchanged glances marked by a mixture of curiosity and subtle concern. The atmosphere in the courtroom was pregnant with tension, awaiting the king's words.

The courtiers dared not speak, their queries left unvoiced as they observed their king, attempting to decipher the enigma that shrouded him in that moment. Reyansh's position on the throne spoke volumes, and the weight of his decisions hung in the air, casting a shadow over the proceedings in the grand chamber.

Meera walked back into the room, her head hanging low, and Kiara regarded her with a sense of shared disdain. "Sorry, Kiara, I couldn't," Meera uttered remorsefully, her voice tinged with regret. "But don't worry. I will not let this happen to you. Reyansh has already ruined my life, but I will not let him ruin yours."

The pledge in Meera's words resonated with determination, a promise to shield Kiara from the tumultuous storm that Reyansh had unleashed upon their lives. In that moment of shared adversity, a silent pact was formed, a commitment to stand united against the impending chaos that threatened to engulf them both.

"He just wants revenge, Meera. That's why he is doing this. I don't care about life, but I cannot let my tribe get executed by his hands," Kiara declared, rising from her chair. The weight of the impending threat and the desire to protect her people fueled her resolve, transforming her despair into a resolute determination.