chapter 11

I had worked really hard on this chapter. Would love to know your opinions. Make sure to comment and leave a like if you too loved the chapter.

*****
"Where were you? When I came back you just disappeared" Meera asked Kiara who was entering her with a serious expression.

"Just had some unfinished business" Kiara replied thinking about the insult that the so-called king did to her.

"Oh! Here, drink this. It will help you with that vomiting and I asked raj vaidh about your condition and he advised me to give you energy giving food" Meera said handing Kiara the glass of herbal drink, which Kiara gulped down and scrunched her nose at the bitter taste of it.

"It tastes so bad" she complained further.

"Medicine does taste bad but healthy food doesn't. So, you better eat something now" Meera said gently.

Jeevanta went out of memory lane and felt moistness on her cheek. She rubbed the water away and pulled the lehenga out along with the jewelry items. It’s the same outfit she wore on her wedding day. The heavy red lehenga, authentic bridal jewelry along with other items. Digging into the pile of clothes Jeevanta looked further and came across a stale old paper which made her stomach churn suddenly. Her hands quivered to even touch the paper as it brought so many unasked memories back from the past. With shaking hands, she dared to open and dig her past memories back again. The stale old page was crumbled but still had clear handwritten words that held so many untold tales.

"Rana!" Her lips quivered as a tear rolled down. She promised herself long back that she will never dig those memories back but all of sudden she felt as if she had relived her childhood after encountering that banjaran.
Properly opening the letter she glanced at the words which made her feel her past again.

"You stole mangoes! Like seriously! We have thousands of mango trees in our garden and you decided to steal them from someone else's garden? And on top of that roaming around with a random stable boy" Virendra asked with rage to a crying Jeevanta who fell on floor from a hard slap.

"I am sorry " she managed in between tears as she cried hysterically.

"Sorry! You are sorry! Sorry for what? You are Bari bahu and married to me. You are queen of this kingdom and your deeds are so low" Virendra spatted out as he splashed the hits on her with his whip.

"I am sorry!" She said again.

Virendra grabbed her by the jaw and clutched it hard. " I better not get any more complaints and start to act like your position or I won't hesitate to put you in place and for your information that boy has been sent away who has been influencing you and even after all this if I get to hear any complaints, I won't hesitate to break your legs and make you disabled. Aam chor! My foot".

Jeevanta hugged her knees and lied on the floor as her tears urged out from all the beatings.
Her head felt light soon from exhaustion and she felt herself drowning.

"Bari bahu! Bari bahu!" Someone Shaked her again and again, waking her up from unconsciousness. Jeevanta opened her eyes as a blurry face came her way. Her mother-in-law was looking at her with concerned eyes.

"Maa" Jeevanta whispered.

"Wake up bachay! I am here. Get up. Let me help you". Her mother-in-law helped her tired body to get up and sit on bed. Her bruises were enough to tell Sunaina the situation that must have happened.

"Maa! Mujhe maa ke pass jana hai" Jeevanta couldn't do anything but cry out again from the beating and pain that her husband inflicted on her tiny body.