Chapter 9

We walk into a small diner that we frequently go to since it's close to our apartment, and the food is pretty amazing. We take our seats and we order drinks, then me and Lauren get comfortable. "I can't wait to eat! It took forever, my mouth is dry from all of that talking!" I laugh as I put my jacket beside me, "I know, I didn't know it would be so tiring." She opens the menu, "Well the only thing on my mind right now is grub. I'm getting the double cheeseburger!" I don't even open the menu, "I'll get the chicken tenders." Lauren laughs, "You always get the chicken tenders, I swear your tastebuds have never fully developed ." "Why fix something that's not broken?" The waiter then brings us our drinks and we put in our orders.
   "So Lauren, Did you meet anyone who you liked?" She took a sip of her drink, "I sure did, I know the commercial said that it didn't matter what your status was and that you could still enter. But it seemed like everyone there was rich and successful. Was it like that for you to?" I stir my drink a bit, "It was, and every time I brought up my job I'd get a weird look or they'd ask why I was working at a place like that. And they weren't expecting a dominant omega to be working at a grocery store. Most of the Alphas were so snobby, it was annoying." Lauren leans in, "Yeah some of them were a bit stuck up. But they were hot so I gave them a pass." She cackles as she grabs her phone, "Let's take a quick picture!" I lean in and she angles the phone, "Just got back from talking with hot alphas!" She snaps the picture. 
   I sit back in my seat, "But tell me about the ones that caught your attention!" Lauren smiles, "Well there was one guy that really stood out, his name was Alex. He's a lawyer, and he had blue eyes and fluffy blonde hair. He was blushing the entire time and he kept glancing at me shyly. He was really like a puppy, it was adorable!" I roll my eyes, Despite her being a recessive omega she is pretty dominant and kind of a sadist. She likes them a little nerdy and shy. "Only one guy? I wasn't expecting that," She cocks her eyebrow. "I have standards, I won't go after someone just because they're an alpha. I mean there was someone else I thought was pretty cool. But Alex is my top choice right now!" I perk up, "Someone else? Tell me!" She blushes which makes me more interested since this is a rare sight to see, "Well her name was Estella." I perk up, "She? Ohh! Tell me more!" Lauren blushes harder. "She's a veterinarian, and we had a lot in common. Alex is still my top choice, but Estella is a close second!" I smile, "That's cute! Female Alphas are really rare! Was she a dominant?" Lauren nods her head slowly, "Oh my gosh! Was she interested in you too?" Lauren sips her drink, "I think so! But we'll have to see when they send the confessions to us."
    Soon the waiter brings us our entires, "Chow time!" Lauren starts ripping apart her burger, I dip my tender into my sauce. "I'm more interested with your experience Carol! I bet you were popular, you had a huge crowd following you out the door. I've been dying to know, tell me!" I blush as I recall my night, "I ran into Keegan again." Lauren stops eating, "Keegan Hayes? The Keegan Hayes?" Just hearing his names irks me, "How do you know him? You're not even in the same major as him." Lauren shrugs, "He's rich, smart, and a dominant alpha. Of course he'd be popular, but i can't believe he was at the event! Every omega and beta at school would do anything to be with him. He could have anyone he wanted, so why was he at a speed dating event?" I roll my eyes, "Apparently his family wanted him too, I don't understand why he's so popular. He's stuck up, he may be cute but he was rude the entire time we talked!"
"You didn't find him a bit attractive?" I instantly think back to our encounter, You look very nice tonight, you should dress like this more often. "Well, he wasn't as bad as some of the other alphas. But he was still a pain in the ass," I take a sip of my drink and then Dante comes to mind. "By the way do you know anyone at your school named Dante?" Lauren takes a moment to think, "Hmm, do you have a last name?"
"Serrano."
Lauren starts coughing, "Are you okay!" I ask with concern.
    Soon her coughing stops and she stares at me intensely. "I can't believe it, I do know him he's the psychology teacher! He's popular too, one of my friends has his class and she says that no one really pays attention in his class. I heard he's almost seven feet tall, was he nice?" I nod, "He was also a little shy it took a while for him to actually look at me. But he was very handsome, and he was super tall." Lauren sighs, "I wish I could have talked with him, but he doesn't go out with students. I heard a rumor that at the end of last year, a freshman girl confessed to him. But he told her off and I heard she went to a different college after that!"
"She left the college but was a freshman?" I ask
"Like I said It's just a rumor, but you're so lucky! Maybe you'll get to go on a date with him tomorrow!" I get giddy at the thought of seeing him again. "We'll see, but I met another man his name was Nick Cheong. Does that name ring a bell?"
   "It sounds familiar, is he student too?" I shake my head, "I don't think so, He said he has a job but he didn't tell me what it was. But he said he'd see me on our date tomorrow." Lauren smirks, "You already caught yourself a fish! I'm so proud of you!" I laugh, "I guess I did, but I also ran into the blonde man from the waiting room too!" Lauren jaw drops, "Are you trying to start your own harem? God I'm so jealous! What's his name?" I can't help but smile, "His name is Logan and he works for a magazine! He was such a gentleman- wait. A harem?!" She wipes the mess off the side of her face, "You have all of these alphas to choose from, why not just have all of them!" I scoff, "No thanks, I don't think I'd be able to handle four men at the same time. Too much of a hassle, maybe you'd like that." Lauren giggles, "I would, especially if they're rich I would never have to lift a finger again!" I laugh as I finish my food, "When you're finished let's ask for the check, it's on me." Lauren gives me a thumbs up as she finishes her plate.