Reflections of Time: A Witch's Dilemma

full English version of Shattered Mirror.

“New morning! New beginning!" I took a deep breath and smiled in the mirror. I brought it closer to my face. Smiled widely.

"You're really beautiful!" Until I saw that it cracked and slowly had another and another, so I let it go.

"What the!" I looked at the door. I saw Paris grinning at me and Athena glaring.

"What?" I asked but the two just sneered at me.

"Gross." Athena commented. I just gave her a glare and just got another pair of glasses.

"Mirror. Mirror on the wall who is th--"

“Arrogant of them all?" asked Athena. So I glared at her but my irritation got worse when the mirror answered.

"Madame Flaura Juanne Calypso." So in my anger I broke the glass. I heard Paris laugh. 

When I remembered my two broken glasses, I frowned again. I love mirrors. I have different types of glasses from antique to new.

I walked over to my big mirror. It is the oldest of all. Mirror is one of the most important things in being a witch because it gives power to every witch from our world.

I looked in the mirror again. It faces the east where the dawn rises and where the moonlight shines.

I touched its edge and the white cloth covering it. I smiled widely. Until I completely removed the white cloth. I saw my full reflection in the mirror. I heard them both breathing.

"That is a curse mirror Flaura. How did that get to you?" I grinned at Athena. I got a little closer to the mirror but someone grabbed my arm.

"Don't you dare!" Athena said to me seriously. I laughed.

"You should have been gone a while ago. You should have disappeared. If that is a real curse mirror, Athena. Unless..."

"...The mirror bonds with the host." Paris said seriously. I nodded and smiled slightly. When her brain really works on something like this.

“What do you mean?" asked Athena. She let go of me.

"The cursed mirror is looking for someone to own it. You can't take it by force because you might be imprisoned inside it, but before the mirror chooses you. You need to give something here as an offering." Paris looked at me as if I was doing something wrong. I just shook my head.

"What's with the fuss! Don't look at me like I did something wrong." I said laughing.

"Isn't there?" I was stunned by what Athena said. I looked at him. I grinned at them both.

"Don't worry, my dear sister. I never trade nor give my life to this mirror. So chill! I'm not stupid for that." I said and covered it again with a white cloth.

“You should go outside. I hate gossipers." I said. I pushed them outside. I even smiled at them both.

"Move!" I said. When we reached the door. Then I took the lock. I heard their footsteps going away. I held my breath. I locked the door of my room.

I looked at the key in my hand. I held my breath. I was about to walk when I saw Paris leaning against the wall. I swallowed because the color of her eyes changed. I held on tightly to the key. When I saw her looking at my hands. I easily hid it behind me. I felt fear in her eyes.

Maybe she is bubbly but don't fall for that trap. She is a deceiver. She acts like dumb and stupid. But it's just part of her sweet facade.

"One of the powers of the cursed mirror is that you can see what your heart desires the most. And we both know who is inside that but Dyl--." She looked straight at me.