Ep 3

John B  POV:

"To life, living, and the pursuit of treasure." Dad toasted as we cheers.

"That's a good one." I tell him as I drink down my shot.

"Yeah, see, that'll put hair on your chest there."

"So, what's the deal with this whole big kahuna thing?" I asked him as I looked at the stone, "I mean, how did you end up on Barbados?

"Well, same way you did and for the same reason too. The treasure and Carlos Singh." He told me, starting the story, "Yeah, I was marooned out the Shoals for what felt like months living in seaweed, sweat, rainwater, and fixed myself up to be crab food. Thought I was a goner."

I nod and continued to listening, "Singh must have tracked my boat, then his men showed up. He must have known I was onto something because the found me. At first, I thought I was being rescued. Turns out it was less of a rescue mission, more of a captivity-type deal. Yeah. I didn't got without a fight. We left one of his men behind as I'm sure you've heard."

Well I do and don't feel sorry about the body they found.

"Next thing I know, I'm being shipped off to Barbados. Singh's place. They locked me up in some audacious estate surrounded by cane fields and armed guards. I meet this particular little man, Singh. He wants to cut a deal with me. He wants me to tell him everything I know in exchange for him keeping me alive. But it didn't take long before I caught on to the game. So as soon as I got a chance, I took it. Got a little roughed up along the way but I made it out. And not empty-handed. Here I am back with my boy."

"So where does this stone lead to?" I asked still confused on how this rock can have so much trouble behind it.

"The glory of all treasures."

~~~~~~~<>~~~~~~~
Pope POV:

Me and Cleo were on getting more provisions for the rest of our trip. We did offer up the chance if anyone else to come but Kie said no and Sarah wanted to keep her company since. Nala said she didn't feel like it and kept watching the stars, JJ went below deck to sleep.

"Let's go find a corner shop. Gotta be one nearby." She said as we walked down the pier. We were able to find a corner shop.

"All right. Time to gain some provisions, yeah?"

"So you're just gonna walk in there and shoplift?" I asked her as we stood outside the store.

"Yo got a pocketful of cash?"

I didn't say anything.

"So what? No snappy comebacks? Come on. Come on, Grey Pipe." she said trying to get me to make one

"Look, I ain't got nothing. Okay? Go do your thing." I tell her. Which was a lie I did have one, I was gonna say 'no but my other pair of pants do'.

"Okay." she took that and left it alone, "Stay quiet. Watch my back. Maybe this will cheer you up."

I nodded and followed behind her. We walked in and I just kept a low profile just looking around the store. She did some weird signal thing with her hands but I didn't get it at all. I was standing and looking at the drinks and I saw Cleo stuffing the bag full.

The cashier noticed her bag was now bigger than before. He was starting to get closer to her and I had to think of something quick. I think of something quick, I reach down and grab a mango out of the mans basket.

"Yo, man, you trying to sell my man bad mangoes?" I say in a really bad Jamaican accent.

"This mango was just picked, man." He tells me.