Ep 5

Nala POV:

"This should be far enough."

"Alright. Let's get this going." We grab the cables and start to run over to the track, JJ ended up tripping over the cables and  but quickly got back up.

"You okay?" I asked him

"Yeah, I'm fine." He tells me

"Alright? Oh gee, you can hear it coming." He tells me as he is hooking the cables up, "Let's fry this sucker."

"Okay" I move the cable over so they can connect better.

"Okay, now, all you have to do...is change the current." He rushes over to me and grabbing the other ends of the cable.

"Do your thing."

"Let's go, baby."

"Don't get electrocuted, please and thank you." I tell him

"Yeah, I make no promises with that. Three, two, one." He say and he connects them with the track.

"Well, here goes nothing." I say and we look up to the light to see if it changes.

"Come on, man. Come on. Come on."

The light was still flashing green.

"Okay. That's what he would do. That's literally what my..." JJ began to freak out

"So then it'd change red.. Omg."

"JJ, calm down" I tell him as I walked over to the cable, something seems off.

"Think, think, think. Okay, what if I blockaded the track? That's what I could do. Maybe put a tree?" JJ said spitting random stuff out loud.

It clicks in my head on what was wrong, I bent down and detach one of the ends from the tracks.

"Yo, if a train touches both sides of the track. So needs the lines" I say as I move to the other side and attach it onto there.

"Come on. Come on." I say in hope, "We don't have anything else, please."

Next thing we know the light turns red. Me and JJ start to celebrate in victory. We high five each other.

"You're a genius. I was gonna do that."

"Science. No it's all you." I tell him

"Now we wait."

We stare down the tracks waiting for the train to come, so we can get Pope, Cleo and the cross off. We run and hide near the tree and wait patiently.

"It's gonna work. It's gonna work." JJ repeats

This is definitely one of the scariest moments of this whole thing. I'll just be happy when we all get to be together again. In the back of my mind I was thinking about what Dad said. How I have to meet with mom and leave all this behind me, but I quickly focus as the train appears slowing down.

"She slowing down."

"We got brakes, dude!" I said happily