3| 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

☽ ♞ ☾

☽ ♞ ☾

     VERA WAS STILL lying in bed, listening to her phone alarm play repeatedly. It was way too early for her to be up and functioning. Staring at the clock that read '6:15 am' she started wondering how badly Fury wanted this guy recruited. Was he worth her lack of precious sleep?

She didn't think so.

Vera slowly swung her legs off the bed, letting them drape along the side as she looked around the dark room. A small sigh escaped her lips before she got to her feet and shuffled her way into the bathroom.

She flicked the light on, looking at her wild hair and sleepy eyes in the mirror. She ran her hands over her face several times, trying to pep herself up.

"Let's go. You got shit to do." Vera huffed to herself.

She quickly hopped in the shower before starting on her appearance. She then stood in front of her closet, which was already filled with clothes, debating on what to wear. She yearned to keep her shorts and big t-shirt on, but that wouldn't do for her new big girl job.

She grabbed a pair of dress pants and a nice blouse, quickly putting them on. She ran her fingers through her hair before grabbing the file on Marc Spector.

Vera set the papers out on the kitchen counter and scanned over the information again as she quickly gathered her belongings and snatched a quick breakfast.

"Okay, Marc Spector. . It's time for us to meet." She grinned before walking out of the apartment.

☽ ♞ ☾

Vera stood outside of the large museum; posters of Egyptian deities littered the outside. She looked around momentarily before walking through the doors, surveying the surroundings.

As she turned to look for the main office, her body collided with another, catching her completely off guard. The brunette let out a small yelp of surprise and instinctively reached out to grab the person she ran into.

Said person did the same, strong hands wrapping around her arms. Vera looked up, and her eyes met a set of familiar chocolate pools. Stood before her was Marc, a worried look plastered on his face. His hair was disheveled, and he had a bag laid across his chest.

"Oi- oh my god. I am so sorry!" He said with a strong accent - which Vera immediately liked the sound of.

"No, it's okay! I'm sorry. I wasn't watching where I was turning." Vera assured him kindly, both of them still holding onto one another.

The two realized they were still firmly grasping one another and hesitantly let go. He ran his hands through his wild hair and gave you a cheeky smile.

"It's my fault. I'm late for my shift and - and I just wasn't paying attention." He assured her, wrapping his hand around his bag strap. His cheeks tinted a soft red.