9| 𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

☽ ♞ ☾

☽ ♞ ☾

     ANXIOUSNESS ROLLED OFF of Vera in waves. She was staring at herself in the mirror, debating on whether to change her clothes for the tenth time. She just couldn't decide on what looked best.

She had no idea why she was so nervous. She'd spent plenty of time with Steven over the weeks, but she guessed this was different somehow. It was an official date - or, as he called it with his adorable accent, a proper date.

She took a deep breath and grabbed her purse before exiting her room, stopping herself from changing again. She quickly snatched her phone from the coffee table and checked the notifications.

A few from Peter, two from Bucky complaining about Peter, and a few from Fury. She sighed and shut off the screen, not wanting to think about her life back home. She was enjoying the little world she had created in London. She loved her life and all the friends she had made within the team, don't get it wrong. But pretending to be a normal person with a job and going on a date was refreshing.

Vera shook her head of the thoughts and left her apartment, locking the door behind her. She took off at a quick pace, eager to see Steven. She scurried down the busy streets, weaving in and out of the random groups of people.

After about 10 minutes of constantly glancing at the map app on her phone, she arrived at the restaurant. It was a large, elegant-looking place. It was decorated in gold and dark red hues. It was breathtaking. She slowly entered the building, her heels clicking on the perfect tile floor.

As she entered, she saw the familiar curly hair she'd grown to adore these past few weeks. Steven adjusted his suit and turned to look at the entrance. A smile immediately popped up on his lips as he laid eyes on her.

"Hello, love." He beamed as he stepped up to her, reaching out to take her hand.

Vera wasted no time in wrapping her hand in his, blushing as he took in the sight of her. He was looking at her with complete adoration, sending butterflies throughout her entire body.

"Hey, you." She whispered breathlessly as she stepped closer to him.

The man said nothing as he slowly reached up and pushed her hair behind her shoulder, cupping the side of her face in his hand. His touch was warm and so incredibly inviting. Vera would have stayed right there all night if she could have.

"You look breathtaking. . Are you ready for dinner?" He asked her in a whisper, not wanting to move either.

She blushed at his compliment and nodded yes instead of replying, afraid of how shaky her voice might come out. He gently pulled her further into the restaurant, walking past the other diners. Soft music was playing, and it made her want to dance.

Steven brought her to a table sat in the back, allowing them some privacy. Vera quickly took a seat, and so did he. As the two got situated, she looked around the place in wonder, her eyes wide with adoration - for the beautiful restaurant but mainly for Steven.