6| 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲

☽ ♞ ☾

☽ ♞ ☾

     VERA WAS STOOD across the street, a hat covering her head and a large hoodie drowning her body. She was sitting outside at a small coffee shop, a book in hand. Her eyes darted back and forth between the pages, then across the street.

Vera could see Steven standing in a crowd, talking to another person. She tried to listen closely, the small device in her ear helping pick up the voices.

He looked around before speaking. Her eyebrows raised in surprise and confusion when the voice left Steven's lips. It was deeper and no longer accented. He spoke with authority and a bit of anger at the person across from him.

She was completely confused as to what was happening right now. Was he pretending to be someone else? She crossed her legs and adjusted herself as she continued to listen. The stranger argued back, hissing out a familiar name, Marc.

Marc Spector.

Was he playing as his alias? Odd, she thought.

Steven - or Marc ended the conversation with a dismissive wave of his hand and began walking away. Vera got to her feet and began walking parallel to the man, dipping into the sea of people occasionally if she felt he might catch a glimpse of her.

He turned down a side alley, and she halted. There was no way he wouldn't hear or see her if she followed him any further. She looked around at the buildings nearby, trying to find a way to keep tailing him. The brunette noticed a long fire escape on the side of a run-down building. She hurriedly climbed the beaten-up ladder and landed on the rooftop with ease. She kept herself crouched as she followed him, jumping the small gaps between the roofs.

He finally stopped at the edge of town, approaching a dilapidated building. A man was outside it, unloading things from a large truck. Marc approached the man and grabbed him by the shoulder, spinning him around.

The stranger jumped back at the sight of Marc, a hint of fear washing over his face before a scowl replaced it. The two immediately started bickering, Marc pushing the man slightly.

Vera was shocked at his movements. It was as if he was a whole different person. It went far beyond acting. She'd say it was someone else if it weren't for his face being the same. The two began to fight, throwing punches back and forth. A group of men exited the building and ran at Marc, who looked at them in annoyance. He stepped forward and paused, closing his eyes just for a split second.

A beautiful white fabric appeared around his body, a mask shielding his face. His eyes were glowing, and a cape cascaded down his back. She let out a small gasp at the sight.

This was Moon Knight.

He elegantly pulled crescent-shaped knives from his chest and took out each man with ease. They tried to fight back, but he was no match. Their limp bodies fell to the floor, and Marc walked over to the boxes the stranger had been unloading.