XI: I promise you

THIRD PERSON POV

THIRD PERSON POV

The crowd was roaring in the background, Jake was holding the boxing tape for you hands, "Remember Y/n this is in illegal fight which means any type of punch is legal, you can play as dirty as you'd like!" That was a scary fact, any punch your opponent could throw at you meant life or death depending on their potential power to punch.

"People have bet so much money on your opponent winning... but I know you Y/n. You will prove them all wrong and make them lose those winnings." Jake wrapped the tape around my hands as he spoke. "Now go out there and prove to all those bastards, who the new rookie fighter is and how she will dominate that boxing stage." He looked into my eyes lifting my hood up to cover my face, "Here's your mouth guard, remember if you can't get a punch in where you want just focus on dodging and covering yourself. Anything is legal in this fight." I nodded and warmed up a little by jumping and rolling my shoulders and neck.

My heart beat quickened as I got closer to the locker rooms exit.

In the dimly lit basement of an old gym, a fighter stood waiting for their opponent to approach the stage. You walked over and got into the ring, your team stood on your side of the ring yelling and cheering for you. While on the opposite side your opponents team yelled at him to devour you!

You scanned the man's features, he was well built but by the scars he had he was a seasoned veteran with scars etched into his weathered face. The bell rang, and you and your opponent exploded into action. The rough feeling of tape met flesh with thunderous force as they traded blow for blow, each punch echoing through the cramped space. The veteran relied on his experience, moving with calculated precision, while you unleashed raw power with every strike.

As the rounds went on, the crowd erupted into a frenzy, chanting the names of their favorite fighter. Blood stained the canvas, but neither opponent showed any sign of backing down. The bell rang and Jake quickly called out for you, "Y/N COME HERE!" You quickly went to the stool placed for you to sit down, breathing heavily. You spit out your mouth guard and rinsed your mouth as Jake spoke to you. "He's visibly very tired and so are you. You need to strike him on his side to make him fall. You got this just this last round, DON'T. FALL." He spoke you nodded putting your mouth guard back into your mouth and stood back up as the bell rang again signaling that break time was over.

In the final round, fatigue weighed heavy on their shoulders, but determination burned bright in their eyes. With one last burst of energy, they clashed in the center of the ring, exchanging a flurry of punches that seemed to defy physics. In a moment that felt like eternity, the veteran delivered a devastating uppercut that sent the challenger crashing to the mat. The crowd fell silent as the referee began the count. Jake thought for a moment he lost you and you failed. But to everyone's surprise, you rose to your feet, bloodied but unbroken. With a fierce roar, you charged back into the fray, refusing to go down without a fight.