Chapter Twenty-One: Is This Hogwarts?

"What's this?" Strange stopped next to you.

He raised a brow, "A window?"

"But what does it mean?" Hand placed on the glass as you moved closer towards the wooden frame, small markings engraved throughout it. "I'm not a fool, there's some relevance to this symbol."

"It's the symbol of this place." Strange gestured broadly over the entirety of the room. "The Sanctum Sanctorum."

"What is it?" Your brain worked on overdrive to hold back the questions and thoughts that plagued it. "What do you do?"

Strange quirked his head, it wasn't every day that many asked what it all meant. Most simply overlooked and did not care. "Sanctums are meant as magical shields to this realm. We, members of the order, protect and uphold them. We are dedicated to this earth and its people."

"So mystical police?"

Strange laughed, "That's one way to put it."

You followed Strange as he walked to the back of the room, which led into a large hallway. The hallway seemed to constantly grow and contract in the few seconds you watched, "Are you sure I didn't stumble into Hogwarts?"

Strange scratched his beard as he gazed at the hallway, "I would normally say that she took the idea from us. But now, considering it still exists in your world, I'm not so sure."

"How do people not have their mind blown with this?"

"Most people refuse to believe it's real." Strange performed a motion with his hands, carbon copies of him filling the space behind him. "But it's very obvious it's not parlor tricks."

Reaching out, a copy of Strange disappeared when your touch met it, "Amazing."

The copies of Strange disappeared as he opened a portal, "I think there's something you might like even better."

A quick glance through the portal revealed only darkness. Yet blindly you followed behind Strange into the new environment.

It took a minute for your eyes to adjust. It was a library. Full of thousands of books, two stories tall with shelves floor to ceiling. Yet that wasn't all, the room was illuminated by stars. The ceiling seemed to go on forever, covered in a fine black mist speckled with colors that represented the planets and systems. Stars were everywhere, some brighter than others, some larger.

"You can touch them if you want." Strange smiled, as you nodded slightly dumbfounded. His cloak wrapped tightly around your shoulders as it slowly raised you from the stable ground.

Your hand graced the tip of the mist. It swirled around it, the stars scattered in it dancing around it. However, it was only a few seconds before you looked down and realized the height you were out. Feeling slightly squeamish the cloak seemed to sense it, slowly lowering you down until you were once again on the floor.

Strange noticed your paler face, a guiding hand wrapping around your arm as he led you to a chair in the corner. "Sorry, I forget how much the heights scares people at first."

You closed your eyes, rubbing your forehead trying to make the slight sickness disappear, "It's fine."

Strange offered a strained smile as you looked up at him, "If it makes you feel any better, the same thing happened to me the first few times."

"Can we continue this some other time?" Feeling the early onsets of a headache, you just wanted to curl up in your new bedroom. "I'm not feeling my best."

Ignoring the sympathetic look Strange cast at you, you stood up, albeit a bit wobbly. "Dont look at me like that, Ive been through worse."

Strange held up his hands, in a peaceful manner. He opened a portal to what you could assume was your room, if it wasn't then you figured you could easily blame it on him. "Have a good night, I'll check in tomorrow."