Chapter 4

“Shit, I did it again, didn’t I?” Jack held his head in his hands. “I don’t even remember it happening!”

“What is last thing you remember?” North asked, not angry at this Jack.

“I was talking to you! I asked where Bunny was, and now I’m here!” He checked himself to see if he was still wearing clothes. “I wasn’t asleep? How did you stop me?”

“You stopped yourself, mate.” Bunnymund gave Jack his staff. “I didn’t have to hurt ya.”

“But… did I…” He avoided the Pooka’s gaze.

“A little.” His ears lowered. “But they came right on time.”

“Good.” Jack looked over at the other guardians. He didn’t want them seeing him like this, especially not Tooth. “Ugh, how did this happen! I was just standing there and…”

“The only thing that changed was your eyes.” North crossed his arms. “Other than that, it just… happened!”

“Great, it just happens.” He didn’t get how this could be so random. When it happened, he didn’t even notice the change in his demeanor; the spell must be so strong it was nearly undetectable. There were no sparkles, no flames, and no pains in the body or anything. It was just a simple change. A change that he couldn’t let happen again. “Hey wait, are you wet?” He noticed North’s clothes were wet.

“Ah, yes! Well, you kind of… froze me to the wall when I tried to stop you from seeing Bunny…” He was talking really fast.

“I did what?! Now I’m hurting you guys?!” Jack’s eyes went wide. Okay, I want Bunny, but I don’t want to HURT my friends!

“No, no, not hurt, just…” The Russian man tried calming Jack down, but he wasn’t really listening. This needed to stop.

“I’m going to find her, NOW!” The boy picked himself up with the wind and flew out one of the tunnels before anyone could stop him.

“Jack!” Tooth called out to him.

“Wait, wait!” Bunny held up his hands. “You said Jack hurt you to get to me?”

“Do I look hurt?” North put his hands on his hips. “But he did say it, though. Very clearly.”

“Say what?” Tooth asked, still not quite getting her head around this.

“That he would hurt anyone that comes between him and Bunny.” He sighed. Sandy had his ‘oh crap’ face on. And Bunnymund…

“I’ll go get the little whacker.” He made a tunnel with his foot. “Alone.” He jumped through.

“Wh-What?!” Toothiana flew over to where Bunny was standing. “Okay, what is going on? How could I have missed so much in one day?!” Sandy put a question mark over his head while North grumbled something in Russian.

:::

“Sei! SEI!” Jack called out for the fox demon, standing where he first met her by the great Mt. Fuji. “Come out! Undo what you did to me! I don’t want this! Please…” He’d been yelling for a while, looking all around the area, hoping to find her. He was getting tired of it. He knew she could hear him, she just wasn’t coming out. “Please, before I do something horrible, or embarrassing…”

“A little late for that, mate.” Bunny said, startling Jack.

“You’re not helping.” The teen smirked at him, but it quickly turned to a look of worry. “You shouldn’t be near me. Who knows when it’ll happen again, unless Sei comes here to fix it.”