Irene [RV] × Reader

Idol(s)/Group(s): Irene, SNSD, Aespa

The Permission

[A/N: Reader is the fifth member of Aespa/the maknae and the younger sister of Taeyeon (SNSD), so you are Kim Y/N!😉]

*Second Person's POV*

"I knew I'd find you here." The short girl with a small face and v-shaped jaw with attractive, deep-set eyes said, stepping onto the balcony.

Your back was facing her, and you turned around with a smile upon hearing her voice.

"I was waiting for you. I knew you'd come, Irene Unnie." You said, smiling brightly.

"Didn't want to break your hope, Y/N," Irene said playfully, standing next to you, leaning against the railing.

Ditching your respective bandmates at the after-party of an award night, the two of you stood in the quiet corner, watching the perfect night view of the city.

"You look gorgeous, Unnie." You said after a pause as silence seemed to engulf you.

"So do you." She responded softly.

You smiled. "I have missed you." You whispered, slightly turning to face her.

Irene took a deep breath. "Don't start, Y/N. I am not here for that."

"How long, Unnie? How long do you want us to keep neglecting our feelings for each other?" You asked in desperation, taking a step closer, and your hand gently held hers. "And for what?"

"We have talked about this before. We can't happen." She sighed.

"Why? Because we are both girls? Unnie, people are more accepting nowadays, and I am sure a quite number of people will be happy." You explained.

"What about your sister? Are you sure she will agree? What about your bandmates?" She questioned back.

Your head hung low. You couldn't answer. It was not something you had told anyone of them.

You and your elder sister, Kim Taeyeon, had a thirteen-year-old difference. So, more than a sister, she had been your second mom. And not just her. When she got into KPop, her bandmates, the members of the sensational Girl's Generation, also became your sisters. Now, you being the youngest member of Aespa, though only a few months younger than Ningning, they also consider you like their younger sister. All of them are overly protective of you and would absolutely not stand anything that will hurt or upset you.

You, too, love them all so much beyond words, but you have been keeping the fact that you like girls — well, Irene — from them.

"See, you have no answer, Y/N." Irene accused.

"Can't we at least try, Unnie?" You asked, hopefully. "Maybe they'll be happy for me."

"Or maybe not. What about our age differences, Y/N? I am more than a decade older than you."

"How does that matter, Unnie? We both love each other!" You questioned.

She swallowed hard.

"Or is that you don't love me?" You questioned bitterly.