Her Father

Katerina was sitting in a chair outside looking out into the night. She smiled when she saw the full moon that was illuminating the room in a soft green light. She looked back to her book and started reading as Mason walked slowly behind Katerina the greenlight cascading against their dark faces with the soft glow of the moonlight. Mason put his strong hands against her shoulders, his silver rings leaving shivers down her spine as they pressed against her neck holding her gently. Mason gently wrapped his arms around her, embracing her in a tight grip. "Can we stay like this for a while?" She asked as she smiled as she closed her book. "Favorite Harry Potter Quote?" Mason said softly as he held her. She relaxed against him and smiled. "My favorite Harry Potter quote is when Snape died in the book Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. 'The green eyes found the black, and after a second something in the dark pair seemed to vanish, leaving them fixed, blank, and empty. The hand holding Harry thudded to the floor, and Snape moved no more.' This description made me cry and the movie version of this scene, made me cry even more." She said. "How was work, my love?" She asked him softly. "It was alright. We got a lot of the paperwork done for the company." He said looking at her. "Can I get a bottle of whiskey, please?" She called out to Kyla, her new maid. Kyla came over with the whiskey and two glasses. "Thank you." She said smiling softly as she grabbed the whiskey and the glasses. She set them on the table and poured some whiskey in each of the glasses. "To us." She said. "To us." He said. They both took a sip of their drinks. "All the wedding preparations are complete. You have nothing to worry about." He said looking at her. "Thanks for taking care of everything, mon amour." She said as she leaned into him. "The fridge is empty could you run to the bathroom and grab me some water?" She asked him. "Of course." He said as he let go of her and went into the bathroom for a second.

There was an older man with black hair and green eyes climbed on top of the gates to the house. He was somehow able to sneak into the house undetected and found Katerina and Mason's room. She saw who it was and screamed at the top of her lungs. She recognized him instantly. It was her own biological father, Nathan Black. Killian, Mason, James and Jason ran into her bedroom. Katerina was being held at gunpoint by her own biological father. Mason went to go to her side when Nathan smirked. "Don't even think about it. Move one bit and she dies." Nathan said, looking at the three men. "Who are you?" Mason asked looking at Nathan. "He is Nathan Black." She said as she stood up from her bed. "Yes, I am your father." He said as he looked at her. "You are not my father. You think that you can walk in and out of my life. Like I'm some sort of fucking train station." She yelled at him as she cried. "What are you talking about? Is this what he tells you? Is this what your mother tells you?" Nathan yelled at her. "Mom died from cancer, years ago but at least she was there. This has nothing to do with mom or any of them. This is about me and you. These people here they are here for me. This is about me. About how you abused me and mom." She yelled at him. "Do you have any idea about how much I love you? Do you?" Nathan yelled back at her. "You can't love me, you don't even know me. You took away the one who really loves me, my husband Max. He was shot in the head before my eyes because of a hit that you orchestrated. You are the reason that everything goes wrong. I sacrificed so much of myself to please you." Katerina yelled as she looked at him. "What did you ever sacrifice?" He said to her. "I gave my everything, my whole life." She said. "You were always a problematic child." Her father said. "I'm not talking about my behavior, I'm talking about that I was nine years old, dragging your ass, passed out in from the yard so you wouldn't freeze to death. I was one who dealt with your drunk fits of anger! I was the one who took the brunt of your abuse to protect mom. I gave my whole life to taking care of my family." She yelled at him. Nathan sighed and slapped her across the face. "Shut up. Don't speak unless your spoken to. Or have you already forgotten the rules?" Nathan asked as he looked at her. "We are family, blood." Nathan said, looking at Katerina. Katerina got punched him in the face. He fell back before getting up and slapping her across the face and punched her in the stomach. She kicked him in the balls then dropped kicked him. He stood up and looked at her. "I was the one taking care of us, me not you. I'm the one who had to get a shitty job that I hated to pay the bills so we could have a roof over our heads and put food on the table. It was me cuz you fucking left us. You don't ever get to talk about my mother again. I was the one who took care of her until she died. She died two years ago and you were nowhere to be found. Then you put a hit out on my husband. I came home to see him being held at gunpoint and shot to death. I was the one who was traumatized all my life by your decisions and I am sick of it." She yelled at him. "You are such an ungrateful little brat." Nathan said as he pushed Katerina to the ground and kicked her in the stomach. "Kids aren't supposed to be grateful. They're supposed to eat your food and break your heart." Mason said as he looked at Nathan. Katerina stood up and looked at Mason. "I don't care about any of that because she is part of my family. As fate would have it, I have known this beautiful young woman most of her life and she has grown up great despite all the horrible things that she has been through." Mason yelled at him. "Shut Up." Nathan yelled as he aimed the gun at Mason and pulled the trigger. Katerina ran and intercepted it, only to get shot in her stomach. She used her last ounce of strength and grabbed his gun, she then shot him point blank in the heart, killing him. Everything felt like it was in slow motion.