Chapter 6

As she sat down next to her things she observed the team, taking in their body language. They were still trying to profile the young female, Doctor.

"You can try all you want but you'll never get what you're looking for." She says very softly and grabbing the file next to her and reading over it; to see what she had to work with.

"So, Dr. Jackson-Markeil-" Prentiss starts but Jenelle interrupts before she can finish.

"Please, no formalities and if you must it's Jenelle or Jen." She speaks without looking up from the file, Derek was the only one who knew why she always avoided having her last name(s) used. (I don't know if it's names or name for hyphenated names 😭)

"I see, well Jen as I was going to ask can we know more about your past with Derek?" She asks with a glint of curiosity and mischief in her eyes.

Jenelle shrugs giving Derek full rein if he wants to talk about it or not. As she keeps observing the information in the files, she makes small connections that the others had missed so she gets up going to the board and pinning up the pictures while making notes of the connection between the 4 victims, as everyone else watches confused, well everyone but Derek of course.

"Hey princess, whatcha see that we didn't" He mutters in her ear as she continues to work, eventually he sees the small things that she had noticed quietly beckoning for the others to slowly come closer and quietly observe. When they do so they still are confused. The only other person who saw the pattern was Rossi. Rossi smirked softly as Jen finished, she then began to softly explain the small details she noticed.

"They're all wearing work clothing and their makeup is in slight disarray along with their hair. Most likely on their way home from a shift. Not much of a struggle as noted there were no defensive wounds, probably was taken from behind or knew the attacker."

(Make any requests by messaging me or posting on my page my lovely readers! 💖)