Chapter 7

They worked late into the night Jenelle ended up falling asleep on the couch as the others worked, it was only a light sleep though because she never truly fell into a deep sleep. So, when Derek picked her up, she woke up slightly but then gave into his touch and fell back asleep while he carried her to his car, and JJ put her bags into the back of his car.

"She seems to trust you a lot, Derek." JJ says quietly as she closes the door while her and Derek talk outside the car.

"Yeah, she didn't have the best childhood growing up in Chicago, you lean on the people you trust especially in the hood. I was the only person she seemed to trust besides my sisters and mom." He explains quietly knowing that Jen always slept lightly. "But after her parents told me she went missing, instead of telling me they shipped her off to Canada, for her last year of middle school and all of high school, it hurt. But I accepted it and moved on, but I never forgot her."

JJ smiles before giving him a hug and walking off to her own car. Derek watches to make sure JJ leaves safely in her car before hoping in his and starting the car pulling out. A little bit into the drive Jen wakes up to Derek putting a hand on her thigh. She puts a hand over his with a small smile.

"Hey princess, glad to see you woke up. What do you want for dinner." He asks gently.

(Make any requests by messaging me or posting on my page my lovely readers! 💖)