6 - Sleepover

Lila: I said it's nothing.
Alessia: It's not nothing if your out here alone with your headphones on, avoiding everyone including me.
Lila: * sighs and sits up*

Lila gets up and starts walking inside

Alessia follows her

They're halfway down the hall

Alessia: * grabs Lilas arm* Why are you being like this? Has something happened?
Lila: No. Nothings happened.
Alessia: Then tell me what's wrong.
Lila: Me.
Alessia: What?
Lila: Me. I'm what's wrong. I got stuck in my head again. That's why I fell, during the game. I got stuck inside my own head. I keep hearing those words. The words they said to me. I didn't ask for anyone because I didn't want to come off as weak. I feel like I'm in Leahs shadow.... When I fell I didn't ask for help because I didn't want my Mum to make Leah check on me. She's worried about me enough. Ever since last time it's like I'm a problem.
Alessia: Your not a problem.
Lila: But I am Lessi!!!
Alessia: No your not.
Lila: I am. I even saw a TikTok of me falling on my head, I look like an idiot. I let down the team.
Alessia: You didn't let anyone down Lils. Your amazing. Your not a problem.
Lila: Your just saying that.
Alessia: I'm not just saying it. It's true. Everyone knows it.

There's a silence

Lila: * sighs* I'm sorry.
Alessia: Don't be sorry. * hugs her*
Lila: * hugs back and snuggles into the crook of her neck*

They go back to the relax room

Lila sits at her sleeping bag and connects her guitar to her headphones so that she hears it better than the girls do

She tunes her guitar and then strums it

Lila plays Run by Snow Patrol

Lila starts singing quietly

Lila: I'll sing it one last time for you..... Then we really have to go...... You've been the only thing that's right...... In all I've done..... And I can barely look at you...... But every single time I do...... I know we'll make it anywhere..... Away from here......... Light up, light up...... As if you have a choice...... Even if you cannot hear my voice....... I'll be right beside you, dear........ Louder, louder..... And we'll run for our lives........ I can hardly speak, I understand...... Why you can't raise your voice to say........... To think I might not see those eyes....... Makes it so hard not to cry...... And as we say our long goodbye...... I nearly do....... Light up, light up....... As if you have a choice....... Even if you cannot hear my voice...... I'll be right beside you, dear..... Louder, louder..... And we'll run for our lives...... I can hardly speak, I understand, why you can't raise your voice to say.......... Slower, slower........ We don't have time for that..... All I want's to find an easy way...... To get out of our little heads...... Have heart, my dear...... We're bound to be afraid....... Even if it's just for a few days...... Making up for all this mess........ Light up, light up........ As if you have a choice....... Even if you cannot hear my voice........ I'll be right beside you, dear...........

Lila then plays LET 'EM GO by Matt Hansen on her guitar

She starts singing

Lila: Staring at the ceiling, tryna fight the feeling, deep inside your heart, you know it isn't what it was...... Anxiety is growing like fog over the ocean, hopin', wishin', prayin' that it's gone when you get up........ You could try to wrestle with the mirror....... But the truth, it can't be any clearer than that........ You've been fighting it off just like a fever....... But there's no use holding it back...... Sometimes you need the rain, to know you miss the sun...... Sometimes you need the pain, to know it isn't love...... Sometimes the one you hold....... You gotta let 'em go....... You gotta let 'em go...... You gotta let 'em go....... Go....... This isn't what you wanted, knots inside your stomach, do you have to hurt 'em, so you don't hurt anymore? You could try to wrestle with the mirror...... But the truth, it can't be any clearer than that...... You've been fighting it off just like a fever....... But there's no use holding it back....... Sometimes you need the rain, to know you miss the sun...... Sometimes you need the pain, to know it isn't love....... Sometimes the one you hold..... You gotta let 'em go...... You gotta let 'em go........ You gotta let 'em go....... You gotta let 'em go....... You gotta let 'em go....... You gotta let 'em go........ You gotta let 'em go........ Oh-oh, when what hurts and what's right are the same...... When it kills you to leave or to stay....... When there's nothing to fix and nothing left to save...... Hm-mm........ You gotta let 'em go...... Hm-mm...... You gotta let 'em go...... Hm-mm...... You gotta let 'em go....... Hm-mm....... You gotta let 'em go....... You gotta let 'em go....... You gotta let 'em go........ You gotta let 'em go...... You gotta let 'em go...... You gotta let 'em go....... You gotta let 'em go........

She finishes playing and puts her guitar safely in its case

Lila keeps her headphones around her neck

Lila plays Fifa with Lia, Leah and Beth

Kim comes over

Kim: Ok... Karaoke and dance party time. Turn off your games and get in a team with one girl. Doesn't matter who.

They turn off Fifa and go to the now disco, dance and karaoke area

Lila is in a team with Lia, Beth is with Viv, Alessia is with Lotte Wubben-Moy and so on

Kim: Ok first on the agenda.... Karaoke. Team Silly Gooners your up.

(That's Lila and Lia)

Lila and Lia grab mics and choose the song Dancing Queen by ABBA

Lila: Ooh, you can dance, you can jive...... Having the time of your life...... Ooh, see that girl, watch that scene...... Digging the dancing queen.......

Lia: Friday night and the lights are low...... Looking out for a place to go....... Where they play the right music, getting in the swing....... You come to look for a king............

Lila: Anybody could be that guy....... Night is young and the music's high........ With a bit of rock music, everything is fine........ You're in the mood for a dance........ And when you get the chance......

Lia and Lila: * harmonising* You are the dancing queen....... Young and sweet, only seventeen........ Dancing queen..... Feel the beat from the tambourine....... Oh, yeah....... You can dance, you can jive....... Having the time of your life....... Ooh, see that girl, watch that scene....... Digging the dancing queen........

Lia: You're a teaser, you turn 'em on........ Leave them burning and then you're gone........

Lila: Looking out for another, anyone will do......... You're in the mood for a dance....... And when you get the chance........

Lia and Lila: You are the dancing queen...... Young and sweet, only seventeen........ Dancing queen....... Feel the beat from the tambourine....... Oh, yeah........ You can dance, you can jive....... Having the time of your life....... Ooh, see that girl, watch that scene......... Digging the dancing queen....... Digging the dancing queen........

The song ends and all the girls clap

To be continued........