CHAPTER 12

「 ✦  LONNIE ✦ 」

    INSIDE MAL AND EVIE'S bedroom, Mal was on her bed drawing on her sketchbook, Evie was busy sewing on her sewing machine, making a new dress, and Jane was venting to Mal about what her mother said to her when she asked if she could use magic to...

INSIDE MAL AND EVIE'S bedroom, Mal was on her bed drawing on her sketchbook, Evie was busy sewing on her sewing machine, making a new dress, and Jane was venting to Mal about what her mother said to her when she asked if she could use magic to make her beautiful.

"Mom said, 'If a boy can't see the beauty within, then he's not worth it' " she quoted, leaning on to the bedpost. "Can you believe it? What world does she live in?" She walks to another bed.

"Auradon." Mal answered the obvious answer. Well there goes plan B down in the drain.

"Mal, do you like it? Evie asked, holding up the dress, one that would be her latest creation.

Mal looks up from her drawing, eying the dress, she wasn't an expert when it comes to designing dresses like Evie but having a second opinion was won't hurt. "Yeah. It's cute. It brings out your eyes," she answered.

"I know." Evie was satisfied as well. The dress was not finish yet, there's still more finishing touches and a few missing pieces. But it was the best thing she could do given her limited materials.

"I'll never get a boyfriend," Jane said, sadly lying down on Evie's bed in dismay. Imagining her doomed love life.

"Boyfriends are overrated," Mal stated.

"And how would you know, Mal? You've never had one," Evie argued.

"It's 'cause I don't need one, E." Mal concurred. She never imagine such a hassle thing as a romantic relationship with someone. It's true, she doesn't need one. She doesn't need someone to protect her, she doesn't need someone to constantly lurk around, ask about her or have someone beside her. She was very much capable, alone. Of course with exceptions with her friends. "They're a waste of time," she said to Jane.

    Evie's eyes widen in realization. "I forgot to do Chad's homework!" She said, abandoning her work to grab Chad's bag from the corner. "Oh, no! Oh, no, no, no." She returned to the desk.

    Mal's eyes widen in disbelief. To think that her friend was fooled to do someone else's bidding. "And that is exactly what I mean." She didn't say more and letting it all happen, hoping that it'll serve as a lesson for the girl to not just easily be ordered around or be fooled.

Evie stared at her best friend, thinking that maybe there is some truth in them. The boy part at least. It doesn't have to be a boy, right? There was no rule indicating that they can't be with someone who's the same gender. Evie then took interest in what Mal was drawing, that she has been working hard since they arrive in their dorm.

"What are you drawing?" Curiosity got the better of her.

"Bella" Mal answered.

Evie's brow furrowed at the information. Curious she stood up from her seat to take a peak at the drawing. It was Bella and how Mal had captured every detail was astonishing. She was able to capture the shine in Bella's green eyes and the contagious smile even if it was just a drawing it still has its effect.