CHAPTER 2

「 ✦ PREPARATION ✦ 」

"PRINCESS BELLA!" A call from behind was heard

"PRINCESS BELLA!" A call from behind was heard. Bella turned around to see a boy wearing a blue and yellow marching band uniform and thick glasses.

"Doug, how many times have I told you to call me Bella?" Dopey's son and best friend of Bella. It was an unexpected friendship for others, but the two get along quite well, as others might think. She'd already asked him to just call her by her name and no longer need to address her by her status.

Doug could only laugh. He's been practicing but would sometimes forget. "Sorry, I'm still not used to it. How've you been? You seemed busy lately."

"Yeah, I've got a lot of things to do for Ben's proclamation." Bella scribbled a few more things on her tablet before looking up to her best friend. Seeing him in a band uniform gave her an idea. "Say, Doug, is the band still taking requests?"

"Where do you want us to play? "He straightened his uniform, happy to know if his band could be of any help.

"As you have already heard, Ben is inviting children from the island to live here in Auradon." Bella waited for a moment, letting the information sink in. She knows the history of the 7 dwarfs and the evil queen; Bella would be lying if she said she didn't notice the nervous sweat; Doug was shocked at first but would never judge a person just because of their parents. "I wanted to request the band to play for the welcome committee on their first arrival here in Auradon Prep"

"Yeah, sure, I could make the arrangement," Doug said, typing the agenda into his phone to make sure he didn't forget.

Bella sighs in relief and smiles thankfully. "Thank you, Doug."

"Do you need any more help? "

The whole week, Bella and Doug walk around, inviting students to join the welcome committee. We'll tried at least. They were able to convince a fair few, while others politely declined. Bella understood and didn't push them.

Doug scheduled a few practice sessions for the band while Bella arranged for the creation of small blue and yellow flags, the colors of the school, along with a huge banner saying welcome. She had also arranged a few thank-you baskets for the students that would be attending. A small token of her appreciation. She knows it would be easy to adjust to new changes. Especially when those changes are the offspring of the most horrible, cruelest, and most terrifying villains of all.

Change is a constant thing in life. Not everyone wants change; not everyone is ready for change, but people just need to go through it.