CHAPTER 13

「 ✦ PLAN C? ✦ 」

    ON THE WAY to Ben's office, Bella's eyes remain fixed on her tablet as she reads the memo regarding Family Day

ON THE WAY to Ben's office, Bella's eyes remain fixed on her tablet as she reads the memo regarding Family Day. They still have a few more shipments to receive, along with the decorations they ordered. She still has to consult with FGM about the tables they'll be using in the storage room.

She was so busy, not knowing that fast approaching figure until...THUD!

Bella is strong, she stood her ground, but she couldn't say the same to the person who ran into her. The first thought was whether that person was hurt. She knows her strength. She looks up to find Jay lying on the ground wearing the school tournament jersey.

"Argh!" Jay looked up and was shocked to find Bella still standing tall, not at all affected by the collision. "Wow, you're like a wall," Jay said.

"Oh my goodness, Jay. I'm so sorry." Bella immediately helped Jay up to his feet. She noticed the blue jersey Jay was wearing. "Wow! You made it to the team. Congratulations," Bella gave Jay a fist bump.

"Yeah, I know," Jay said smugly but a little bashful, which he hid pretty well with his signature smile. "What do you think?" he asked, posing.

Bella applaud, looking impressed, encouraging Jay to flex the jersey more. They both laughed before saying goodbye. Jay wanted to tell his friends, and Bella has to go back to Ben's office.

"Hey Ben," Bella entered, sitting down on the chair in front of Ben's desk.

"Hi Bella," Ben greeted back, not looking up from all the paperwork on his desk.

The sight made the girl feel guilty, she thought she had at least lessened Ben's work by lightening the load, but it doesn't seem that way. With all of Ben's school work, practice, and now other king-related stuff, Ben's schedule has been hectic, and not once did she see Audrey try to lend a hand.

"Hey Bella?" The princess looked up to her brother when she heard her name, pulling her out of her thoughts. She 'humm'ed in response.

"Do you remember when mom would read us stories in the library about all of the fairy tales of prince meeting or saving princess then ends up marrying them?"

"Yeah. You love mom's story reading sessions" a smile then form on Bella's lips as they went down on memory lane.

"—And how it is all true love?"

Bella sat up straight, waiting for her brother to explain further. He was stalling, she knows he wanted to asked her something yet his stretching it out.

"How do you know if it's true love?" Ben finally asked look up to his sister. It was a question he has been pondering lately and to be more specific a few years now after seeing how their parents act compare to how his relationship is going.