Chapter 30

Ayaan Fadel.

Maroudi, Nigeria.

"Following Mr. Ayaan Fadel's press conference earlier today, it has been confirmed and exposed that the murderer of his late assistant, Mr. Saif Jabbar is none other than Mr. Imran Hadi. The people of Maroudi have all been shaken up by this news considering Mr. Hadi is one of the most beloved individuals of the town—having done a lot of good deeds to the people.

However, the video Mr. Fadel presented during the press conference inevitably showed Mr. Hadi committing the crime. An apparent motive behind it is yet to be disclosed—though our sources claimed it might be because of an underlying feud between Mr. Fadel and Mr. Hadi although nothing is yet to be confirmed by both parties.

Mr. Fadel however, at the end of his press conference expressed his intention of making Mr. Hadi face the wrath of the law and getting justice for the deceased. In addition to that, he's pressing charges against Hadi groups for damages caused on his image as well as for breaking the agreements between them.

At this rate, it can be said that the end of Hadi Group is here, as well as the legacy of the Hadi family..."

Reaching my hand out, I picked up the remote and switched the TV off. It's only been about an hour since the press conference, and yet, news has already spread round the country regarding what is currently going on.

At this point, I've been my face countless times on the TV over the past few weeks that I think it'd last me a lifetime.

A small sigh left past my lips as I dropped the remote back where it belongs and made my way back to my room in the penthouse. I plan on visiting my parents house later. However, I need some time to myself first.

This was supposed to be the end. But, it's not...which is why my mind is yet to be calm.

Imran has gone missing; and hardly anyone could find him. It's been like that for a few days now, and I've been aware of it all along. The issue of exposing him in the eyes of the public is simply so we can find him as quickly as possible.

He had completely went off the grid; not showing up even when the slush fund issue sparked up and the company was in dire need of him. That's partially one of the reasons I exposed the slush fund as well.

I needed to make sure he has no place to hide, because at the end of the day, he needs to pay for what he has done. He needs to pay for everything he has done.

The world needed to see the true side of Imran Hadi...that was the only thing he had left. Now that he doesn't, he will show up sooner of later.

My eyes flicked close as I stepped under the shower, fully intending to get rid of the sore muscles after the eventful day I've had. It took my mental strength more than the physical one. But, a shower after a stressful day is my first step of getting back on my feet.

And yet, as the water cascaded down my face, leaving warmness in its awake, all that flashes before my eyes is Saif's lifeless body. I tried to push it away, but all that manages to come this time around was my conversation with Imran's mother before I headed to the press conference.

"What are you doing here?" She questioned, after closing the door to her husband's hospital room quietly. We were the only ones there; after all, I came all the way just to talk to her. And yet, the look she was giving me screamed she would rather be in anyone's presence but mine.

Still, I didn't let it get to me. She's always been like this for as long as I've known her—and though it's the first time I'm seeing her since the incident happened ten years ago. It's nice to see that people don't change I guess.