1. Letter

I have been back among the living for three weeks now.
A lot has changed since the forties.
The clothes, the food, the environment, the language, even the people.

My brother Steve has been awake a few months longer than me, so he is already adapted to this life, but it is going to take a while for me to do the same. It is simply too different from my old life.

At least I have already made some friends.
They call themselves the Avengers, a group of heroes which has saved the world from many villains. That's absolutely impressive. Steve is one of them. We even get to live here with them in Stark Tower, which is really great.

But there is something missing, or better someone, who I miss with my whole heart and soul. Someone, I loved more than my own life.

After I woke up, it was difficult to remember everything. At first I only knew who Steve was but not why we had been separated. I tried desperately to remember, but it did not help.
But now, the other memories are slowly coming back, especially the memories of my love.

I would do anything to see him one more time again, even if it was just for a minute. I would tell him so many things. That it was not his fault, that I will support him in every step, that he saved my life, more than in just one way.

But that is impossible. He's not with me and he will never be with me again. He's gone, they took him from me. I will never be able to see him again, to speak to him again, to touch him again.

It hurts so much; it breaks my heart over and over again. It was not fair. He was one of the best people I have ever known and he didn't deserve it. And I also didn't deserve it.

Tonight, I dreamed of him again. I dream of him every night. In my dreams he is still alive and we are happy together. But this will never come true, they have taken this opportunity away from us, they have taken him away from me.

I hate them so much, they destroyed him and therefore my whole happiness, because he was my life, he was the only one who could ever make me laugh and smile, even in my darkest moments.

He was made for me and I was made for him. But it does not matter anymore, he is gone, forever, and he will not come back to me ever again.

But even though he is not with me anymore, I will never forget him, or better I could never forget him.
I will never forget Buck...